The Daily Report 9.9.14
High yesterday 96° Low this morning 73°
Today: Sunny and a high of 95° is expected today, accompanied by a south wind 5-15 mph and gusting to 20.
Tonight: Partly cloudy with a low of 73º and the south wind picking up to 10-15 mph and gusting to 20 mph.
Wednesday: Mostly sunny and a high of 96° with heat index values of 100º and south wind coming in at 10-15 and gusting to 20 mph.
Wednesday Night: A 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms.
- Lampasas Police reported two minor accidents Monday, one in the 2300 block of S. Hwy 281 at 3:28 pm and another in the 600 block of N. Key at 5:47 pm.
- Police made six arrests on Monday. The first was at 1:58 am when they picked up a 37 yr old local man at the intersection of 5th and Howe St. for public intoxication. At 11:07 am a 32 yr old local was arrested in the 1700 block of CTE on four Marble Falls capias warrants--most of them traffic related.
- At 2:16 pm police were in the 1500 block of W. 1st where they arrested Steven Turner, 32 of Lampasas, for assault causing bodily injury in a family violence case.
- At 2:46 pm a 42 yr old woman was arrested in the intersection of CTE and Hollywood on a Lampasas municipal warrant for forgery and for possession of a controlled substance (Hydrocodone) under 28g.
- Last night a 9:39 pm traffic stop in the 1200 block of S. Key saw an Odessa man arrested on a parole warrant and at 11:35 pm a 24 yr old Lometa man was arrested in the 800 block of N. Campbell for driving with and invalid license and no insurance.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Office had a couple of disturbance calls on their blotter, one in Kempner and another out in the county. There were a couple of threat reports out in the county, and there were a few arrests.
- A 44 yr old Killeen woman was picked up on a probation violation, a 57 yr old Temple man was arrested for criminal mischief, over $50 worth, and a 32 yr old Kempner female was arrested on a probation violation.
There is currently a Burn Ban in Lampasas County!
The Daily Report 9.8.14
High yesterday 84º Low this morning 71º
- Today: A 20% chance of an afternoon shower, otherwise mostly cloudy and a high near 93° with little or no wind unless it comes with a brief thunderstorm..
- Tonight: Partly cloudy, a low of 73º, and S-SE 5 mph wind.
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny and a high of 96º . South wind 5-15 mph and gusting to 20 mph.
After Wednesday chances or rain are fair to good..
- Lampasas Police had a minor accident to work on Saturday in the 900 block of S Key at 8:56pm. There were no arrests.
- On Sunday there were no accidents but two arrests were made. A 56 yr local old man was arrested in the 300 block of E. 6th on a Lampasas municipal warrant for passion of an open container while driving at 3:34am.
- A 27 yr old local man was arrested at 1:20pm in the 100 block of S. Chestnut on three PD warrants for possession of drug paraphernalia, unrestrained child-safety seat and no driver’s license.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Dept. had some theft reports on about mid-morning on Sunday with one in Kempner and one in Copperas Cove’s city limits. In the afternoon, shortly after 5pm there was a criminal mischief report out in the county, otherwise no serious problems in the area.
There is a Burn Ban in effect in Lampasas County.