The Daily Report 9.1.15
High yesterday was 96° The low this morning was 69°
- Today: Mostly sunny with a high about 93° and a south wind of 5-10 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy skies with a low temperature of 73° and SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny and another afternoon high of 93° along with that light south wind 5-10 mph.
- Rest of the Week: Low 90s afternoon highs and overnight lows in the low 70s with light winds.
- Lampasas Police were called to one accident on Monday morning at 7:39am at the intersection of 3rd and Key. No injuries were involved. There were 10 animal complaints for the Animal Control Officer, and there were two arrests made.
- Police arrested 55 yr old Joe Louis Vega in the 500 block of N. Spring at 10:35am. He was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance, along with the service of a Frio Co. warrant for failure to appear on a DWI 2nd offense charge.
- Donnely Frank Richey, 29 of Lampasas, was arrested and charged on a Lampasas Co. warrant for two charges, a bond surrender for tampering with or fabricating physical evidence with intent to impair, and a bond surrender for possession of a controlled substance at 10:16pm.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Dept. worked a suspicious activity report in Kempner during the early morning hours, a crash in Lampasas at 7:44am, a crash in Kempner at 9:39am, a burglary at 12:22pm, a warrant service call at 3:12pm, an assault in Kempner at 8:35pm and another warrant service call in Lometa at 10:26pm.
- No arrests were made by the Sherriff’s Dept. yesterday.
The Burn Ban continues in Lampasas County!
Wednesday Night Live
Lampasas Radio is proud to present another big WNL show in the parking lot – where it should be a cool evening tonight.
What's all the twitter about? Our favorite Americana group, Prophets and Outlaws, will be here. It's five guys who write all their own songs and they are all very different from the usual Texas Country fare. You might remember their big hit “Soul Shop” or their