The Daily Report 11.25.15
High yesterday 69° Low this morning 40 °
- Today: Sunny with a high of 71° this afternoon. The west wind will become south in the afternoon and about 5-10 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 45° overnight with a south wind of 5 mph.
- Thursday: Sunny with a high of 69° and a calm wind at first becoming E-SE 5 mph in the afternoon..
- Friday and the weekend now looks like sunny Friday and cloudy Saturday but back to sunshine on Sunday. Afternoon highs over the weekend mid-50s, after a near 70 afternoon Friday.
- Lampasas Police had lots of calls on Tuesday with a dozen animal complaints and 5 escorts. There were no accidents but there were two arrests made.
- At 9:54am Police were in the 100 block of E. 3rd where they picked up a 26 yr old Lampasas female on a P.D. warrant for possession of a controlled substance under a gram. Early in the afternoon Police went to the 300 block of N. Ridge where they arrested a 22 yr old man on a warrant for enticing a child.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Dept. blotter showed a crash in Kempner at 7:16am, a structure fire in Lometa at 10:41am, a crash in Lampasas at 9:05pm, a crash in Copperas Cove at 10:47pm and a number of other miscellaneous calls.
- Three arrests were made. A 29 yr old Lampasas man was taken into custody for an out of county charge, a 25 yr old Ingram man was arrested on a commitment charge and a 27 yr old Lampasas man was taken in for a bond surrender.
- DPS is looking for an escaped sexually violent predator that is thought to be driving a '97 Silver Chevy Lumina. The man is 57 yrs old, 5'-4'' tall and weighs about 160lbs. His name is Fernando Thompson and he had served time for aggravated rape of a child in 1982 in Jefferson Co. He was in a halfway house in Austin and had removed his GPS monitor and left. Police are searching and asked the public to report any possible sightings to any law enforcement office or officers.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is lifted until Dec. 6th at 7pm!
The Daily Report 11.19.15
High yesterday was 71° The low this morning was 44°
- Today: Sunny, with a high near 69º and west wind 5 mph and shifting to E-NE this afternoon.
- Tonight: A cool but pleasant evening with mostly clear skies, a low of 47º and an E-NE wind about 5 mph to calm.
- Friday: Mostly sunny and a high of 70° with a S-SE wind around 5 -10 mph.
- The Weekend: Small rain chances come Friday night and Saturday morning but all in all a sunny weekend with much cooler temperatures that will likely hang around 50° in the daytime and low to mid 30s at night. Winds will be out of the north, very high on Saturday and calming on Sunday.
- Lampasas Police worked several minor calls and had three minor accidents on Wednesday. One of the crashes took place in the 900 block of S. Broad at 9:09am, then another in the 100 block of CTE at 3:51pm and the last at the intersection of CTE and Western at 8:38pm.
- There were no arrests.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. worked several accidents on Wednesday, along with minor disturbances. One of the accidents took place at Taylor Creek where a photo was taken at the scene, showed the darnage of a truck driven by Jarrod Bowen that went into Taylor Creek. According to the family, he is “bruised, scratched and stitched up” but amazingly Jarrod will be Okay.
The Burn Ban is lifted in Lampasas County until Nov. 22!