The Weekend Report
High yesterday 77º Low this morning 64º
16/100ths of an inch of rainfall Friday and nothing recorded this morning at the airport.
- Today: Showers and thunderstorms very likely off and on all day. A high temp this afternoon of 69º with variable winds out of the SE 10-15 mph most of the day.
- Tonight: 30% chance of more rain before midnight, then cloudy and gradually clearing. There will be a low about 50º with SE winds turning southerly after midnight 5-10 mph.
- Sunday: Sunny skies and a high near 76º for a big change in our weather. The SW wind will be 10-15 early thin increase to 20-25 and gusting to 30 mph in the afternoon.
- Sunday overnight down to 41º as the wind shifts back to northerly and comes from the NW 5-10 mph to cool us down..
- Lampasas Police had to work one accident on Friday at 1:57 in the afternoon a the intersection of Ohnmeiss Dr. and U.S. Hwy 281 S.
- There were two arrests as two 17 yr old males were arrested at Old Georgetown Road and Central Texas Expressway at 11:31pm Friday night for racing. One of the young men was from Lampasas, the other from Burnet.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Dept. blotter showed a couple of civil matters and threats, an identity theft, a disturbance and a structure fire in Burnet County.
The Burn Ban is on in Lampasas County.
There is a Riparian Workshop in session at the Farm Bureau Building north of town on Hwy 281. The group will move onto location this afternoon, discussing the environmental aspects of water and waterways in our part of the state.
Coming up on Wednesday the Lampasas County Higher Education Center( LCHEC) will host a William Penn University College for Working Adults seminar event.
The Breakfast Seminar on Team Building will run from 7:30-8:30am and a lunch seminar will be on Communications at noon.
The Area FFA Leadership Contest will take place on Wednesday at Blanco. The Lampasas FFA Sr. Quiz team and the Jr. Chapter Conducting team will be at the meet.
The Lampasas Public Library has re-opened this morning for regular full time hours in its newly remodeled facility, but… there is still a bit of construction going on and lots of books to get back on the shelf.
After the cleanup work is done, there will be a dedication of the new facility on December 4th.