The Daily Report 3.6.15
High yesterday 40° Low this morning 22°
- Today: Sunny and a high near 49° with a light NE wind this morning becoming SE this afternoon.
- Tonight: Mostly clear skies with a low of 31° and east wind that will come in gently early to none after midnight.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny skies with a high near 61° and calm wind becoming S-SE at 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night: 20% chance of rain, cloudy, with a low of 38° and just gentle breezes.
- Sunday: A 40% chance of rain, cloudy, and a high near 53°.
- Lampasas Police report receiving a total of 28 calls for service on Thursday. Surprisingly, with all the water and ice in the area, no accidents were reported.
- Two arrests were made by local police. Two senior citizens were arrested on warrants in unrelated cases Thursday. Floyd Wise, 65 of Austin, was arrested at midnight in the 2500 block of Hwy 281 S. on two Burnet Co. warrants, one for having expired registration and another for now insurance. The other senior, a 65 yr old local woman, was picked up in the 1400 block of S. Chestnut on a police warrant for criminal trespass at 1:53am.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Office blotter shows four crash reports in Lampasas, a disturbance in Lampasas at 1:53am, a theft in Lampasas at 12:19pm, a theft in Copperas Cove at 7:08pm and a disturbance in Copperas Cove at 10:35pm.
- Three arrests were made by the Sheriff’s Department. A 21 yr old Austin male was taken into custody at 1:37pm for a probation violation, a 20 yr old Lampasas man was arrested at 9:08pm for an out of county charge, bail jumping and failure to appear; and a 43 yr old Austin woman was arrested at 2:25pm for a probation violation.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until Tuesday, March 10th at 6pm.