Today Lampasas County Commissioners met this morning in a regular session at 9am in the courthouse County Courtroom. On the agenda was an update and statistics from Acadian ambulance service, a resolution on upcoming joint Primary Elections, a discussion on a Cactus Creek Phase II preliminary plat, an auditor's report and other minor matters. Lampasas City Council meets at 5:30pm in a public workshop with a board training session on the Open Meetings Act, Public Information Act, etc. In the regular session at 7pm they will discuss rezoning in a public hearing on an issue at 608
- Today: Sunny, with a high near 69º and west wind 5 mph and shifting to E-NE this afternoon.
- Tonight: A cool but pleasant evening with mostly clear skies, a low of 47º and an E-NE wind about 5 mph to calm.
- Friday: Mostly sunny and a high of 70° with a S-SE wind around 5 -10 mph.
- The Weekend: Small rain chances come Friday night and Saturday morning but all in all a sunny weekend with much cooler temperatures that will likely hang around 50° in the daytime and low to mid 30s at night. Winds will be out of the north, very high on Saturday and calming on Sunday.
- Lampasas Police worked several minor calls and had three minor accidents on Wednesday. One of the crashes took place in the 900 block of S. Broad at 9:09am, then another in the 100 block of CTE at 3:51pm and the last at the intersection of CTE and Western at 8:38pm.
- There were no arrests.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. worked several accidents on Wednesday, along with minor disturbances. One of the accidents took place at Taylor Creek where a photo was taken at the scene, showed the darnage of a truck driven by Jarrod Bowen that went into Taylor Creek. According to the family, he is “bruised, scratched and stitched up” but amazingly Jarrod will be Okay.