Notification of road closure – Veterans Avenue between South 25th and South 27th Streets for Monday, July 21, 2014 and Tuesday, July 22, 2014 for road repairs. Please follow detour signs. If you have any questions, please contact James Mullen at (254) 547-2168.3
Paul Gene Ayers, age 53 of Kempner, TX died Friday July 18, 2014 at his residence. Paul was born August 17, 1960 in Austin, TX the son of Jessie James Ayers Jr. and Belva Jean (Manning) Ayers. Paul grew up in Austin and moved to Lampasas his sophomore year in high school. He worked for Austin Bridge and Road for about 30 years as a heavy equipment operator. He enjoyed the outdoors: hunting, fishing
Rollins Brook Community Hospital will be holding a blood drive Thursday, July 24, from 10 am to 2 pm. The Carter Bloodcare bus will be parked at 608 North Key Avenue.
July is one of the best times to donate blood, as more people are participating in outdoor activities that run a risk of accidents. There are also more people traveling that need the transfusions. 22% of the annual blood supply comes from summer
- Lampasas City Council will meet for a special session on Monday at 6 pm at the City Council Chambers on 405 S Main.
- Lometa ISD Board of Trustees will have a special meeting Tuesday at 6:30 pm in the Lometa ISD library on 102 S 8th St.
- Kempner City Council will meet for their regular session on Tuesday at 7 pm in the council chambers at Kempner City Hall 12288 E Hwy 190.
- Clear Creek Baptist Church Vacation Bible School will be happening Monday 21st through Friday 25th from 9-noon. For more information, contact 254.547.2006.
- Lometa Methodist Church Vacation Bible School starts Monday 21st and runs through Thursday 24th from 6-8 pm. For more information, call Charline at 512.752.3487.
- doTERRA Oils Class will be held Thursday at My Girls on the Square. There will be food and door prizes. The public is invited to attend. For more information, contact Mary at 512.556.1809.
- Run Clinic by Trinity Training will be held Saturday the 26th for 8-noon at Evolve Fitness on S Hwy 281. For more information, call Kristi Allison at 512.638.1257.
The 4th Annual Robert Morriss Jr Co-Ed Softball Tournament started at 8:45 am on Saturday morning and continued through the day. The tournament was a resounding success, with a substantial amount raised for the Levi Morriss trust fund and the Robert Morriss scholarship fund.
The winners of the tournament were called Swag, a team from Killeen, pictured above with Lisa Morriss.
August 31st marks the deadline for Texas schools to sign up to participate in a state wide initiative to increase access to regular meals to students who otherwise wouldn’t get them. CEP, or Community Eligibility program, will allow all students to receive free meals in schools with high percentages of low-income families. Rachel Cooper, senior policy analyst for Public Policy Priorities, says of the program, “It helps decrease food insecurities for children. Parents find it easier because they don’t have to worry about will they have to pay
The 4th Annual Robert Morriss Jr. Co-Ed Softball Tournament kicked off about 8:45 this morning, and will be going on all day. There will be raffles and food for sale, so you don’t have to be playing to enjoy the tournament. The public is invited to attend at the 580 West softball complex.
The Lampasas Rockets boys’ baseball team is having a fundraiser bake sale at Walmart today. They will be headed to state on Monday after a very successful season.
Lampasas City Council will meet for a special session on Monday, July 21st at 6 pm at the City Council Chambers at 405 S. Main Street.
Lometa ISD Board of Trustees will have a special meeting Tuesday, July 22nd at 6:30 pm in the Lometa ISD Library on 102 S 8th Street.
Kempner City Council will meet for their regular session on Tuesday, July 22nd at 7 pm in Council
At Goldthwaite’s sheep and goat auction on Friday 2,127 head came through the ring, down from the 4,299 of last week.
Wool lambs, 40-65lbs brought $165-$185/cwt, 65-80lbs went for $170-$180/cwt. Slaughter Lambs, 40-65lbs brought $180-$210/cwt, 65-80lbs went for $170-$195/cwt. Slaughter Ewes brought $60-$85/cwt. Bucks went for $70-$120/cwt. Barbados