High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 68°
- Today: The 20% chance of rain is still with us, but not until afternoon. Otherwise it will be mostly sunny and up to 88° this afternoon with calm to gentle E-SE wind.
- Tonight: A 20% chance of rain before 8pm, then just partly cloudy and down to 70° with light E-SE wind.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 88° south wind 5-10mph.
- Rest of the week: Friday night the nice evening will see a little breeze from the S-SE. Saturday will bring sunshine and low 90s°, then Sunday will be more of the same but with the wind more southerly.
- Lampasas Police Dept. blotter shows a few “suspicious” person or activity reports, also a harassment complaint in the 1000 block of S. Walnut, a domestic disturbance in the 10 block of Skyline, a reckless driver on S. Hwy 281 and a prowler in the 100 block of S. Main. There were 4 minor accidents in town. The first in the 1600 block of E. CTE at 4:22am, then another in the 200 block of N. Key at 1:09pm, and at the intersection of Pecan and 4th at 3:05pm and finally in the 1100 block of S. Key at 5:36pm. None of these involved injuries. Two more accidents did involve injuries. At the intersection of Naruna Rd and Hwy 281 S at 9:29am there was a crash with one person taken to the ER, and perhaps the biggest accident as far as spectacle was concerned, took place at 5:10pm on Key Ave. There was a lot of traffic on N. Key at 5pm when one vehicle Tboned another at the intersection of FM 580E and N. Key, and one person was taken to the ER. It backed up traffic in both directions for over ½ mile as emergency services attended to an injured person and the scene was being cleaned up.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows one arrest of a 23yr old Copperas Cove female for a bond surrender. There were reports of 2 crashes, shots fired, reckless driver, and fraud .
The Burn Ban is lifted until 7pm on Sunday, June 11.