High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 68°
- Today: Mostly sunny with a high near 91° and S-SE wind between 5 and 10 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy and down to 73° with S-SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny with a high near 94° and heat index values as high as 100°. South wind will be between 5 and 10 mph.
- Rest of the week: The Friday forecast shows afternoon temperatures inching up to 95° and Saturday brings a slight one-day chance of rain. Sunday will be mid-90s and it will bring a little more south wind to the area. The long range Spring Ho forecast is mid to upper 90s and sunshine.
- Lampasas Police Dept. blotter shows a suspicious activity report in the 600 block of S. Key, then a burglary of a vehicle report in the 600 block of E. 3rd. There was a welfare concern reported in the 200 block of Riverview Dr. and a suspicious vehicle report near the intersection of W. Ave A and Race. There were no accidents reported but there were 11 animal complaints for the animal control officer. Two arrests were made. A 47 yr old Lampasas man was arrested at 9:16am in the 200 block of N. Key on 19 municipal court warrants. Most of them were traffic warrants for no insurance, expired DL, failure to yield right of way and failure to appear. A second arrest came at 2:38pm when a 32 yr old Copperas Cove man was picked up in the 600 block of E. 3rd on a Harrison Co. warrant for criminal non-support.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter showed a criminal mischief problem in Copperas Cove and a harassment complaint in Kempner. There was a reported kidnapping in Lometa and an illegal dumping report out in the county.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until the evening of July 2nd.