High yesterday was 96° The low this morning was 73°
- Today: Mostly sunny and here it comes! The temperature may hit the 100° mark this afternoon with heat index values to 105°. S-SE wind will be between 5-10 mph.
- Tonight: Thankfully, at least a 40% chance of rain overnight, probably after 1am in the morning. Mostly cloudy skies and the low could drop to 74° by morning. The S-SE wind will be 5-10 mph.
- Saturday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high of only 85° as the south wind changes to N-NE. The chance of rain is 60%.
- Rest of the weekend: Saturday night we still have a 30% chance of rain and cooler and that will be the general forecast through Monday. After that the closer long range look seems to show the rain chances going away after Monday. It will, though be cooler with afternoon highs of 90 or lower until mid-week.
- Lampasas Police Dept. blotter for Thursday showed an assault in the 900 block of E. Ave. G, another one in the 1000 block of E. FM 580, and yet another in the 300 block of N. Arnold. Other incidents included a criminal trespass in the 900 block of S. Live Oak and suspicious activity or person in a couple of reports. One case for police included a forgery report in the 200 block of S. Key.
- There were 6 animal complaints and one minor accident that took place in the 1600 block of S. Key with no injuries.
- One arrest was made on a 27 yr old Lampasas man at 5:08pm. He was picked up in the 200 block of Riverview Dr for possession of marijuana over 4 oz but under 5 lbs.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. Blotter for Thursday shows the arrest of an 18 yr old Kempner male, brought in about 4pm for sexual assault of a child. Other arrest show a 20 yr old Lometa man arrested on a probation violation and another Lometa man, this on 54 yrs old, arrested just before midnight for failure to comply with sex offense registration.
- Lometa also had a theft case to work on. Kempner had a disturbance, a couple of thefts, a fraud case and a harassment call. Out in the county there was one wreck, a few civil matters and a few disturbances. Deputies were also sent out to Copperas Cove on a suicide call.
The Burn Ban is lifted thru Sunday, July 2nd.