High yesterday was 92° The low this morning was 71°
- Today: Partly sunny with a high near 93˚ and N-NW wind between 5 and 10 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear with a low around 73° and E-NE wind around 5 mph becoming south.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 96° and heat index to 102. S-SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Rest of the week: Friday night a 20% chance of rain comes in. By Saturday morning that chance increases to 50%, thanks to remnants and effects of the tropical storm in the Gulf. Rain chances look like 40% to 50% through Monday at least.
- Lampasas Police Dept. blotter shows a child endangerment case near Race St. and Ave. A and a reckless driver on N. Key Ave.
- There was a burglary of a building case opened in th 1000 block of E. 3rd and a domestic disturbance to calm in the 700 block of E. Ave. J. There was a prowler report in the 1500 block of E. 3rd, and over the 24 hour period there were a dozen animal complaints.
- There was one minor accident reported in the 900 block of Old Georgetown Rd. with no injuries.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter showed Kempner calls on trespassing, threats and a civil matter. Out in the county deputies cleared two wrecks and in Copperas Cove there was a criminal mischief.
- The jail log showed four arrests with a 24 yr old Killeen woman arrested on a bond surrender and a 29 yr old Killeen man picked up on a probation violation. A 30 yr old Burnet man was arrested for failure to appear and a 26 yr old Lampasas woman was taken in for criminal mischief and on a probation violation.
The Burn Ban is lifted until 7pm on Sunday, July 2nd.