High yesterday was 93° The low this morning was 76°
- Today: Mostly sunny and a high near 93˚ with south wind 15 mph and gusting to 20.
- Tonight: Mostly clear with a low around 73° with south wind 10-15 mph.
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy, then gradually sunny with a high near 95° and south wind 10-15 mph. Heat index values to 101!!
- Rest of the week: The Friday forecast shows more sunshine and hotter still, and the same goes for Saturday. Sunday will be about the same as Saturday – don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Lampasas Police Dept. blotter shows a relatively quiet day with no wrecks in town. There was a suspicious person report on E. Ave. B, a harassment call from the Old Georgetown Road, a reckless driver in the 900 block of S. Key and a criminal mischief incident on E. Ave. G.
- Around 10:30am police arrested a 52 yr old Lampasas woman in the 500 block of N. Spring on 7 municipal warrants for traffic infractions and public nuisance and failure to appear.
- A 23 yr old local male was arrested on the 400 block of E. 7th St. on a driving with an invalid license charge.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. jail log showed a 23 yr old Lampasas woman arrested on a probation violation and a 39 yr old Cove man was arrested for failure to appear.
- Blotter notes show Lometa Police dispatched to an assault incident and an alarm. Kempner had a few animal complaints and suspicious person reports. Out in the county there was a civil matter and some animal complaints.
- Copperas Cove Police report a case of a rabid raccoon discovered on Connie Ave. in that city. The case came on Saturday, June 10th when the raccoon was discovered, acting strangely. It was impounded and sent to the TX. Dept. of Health where it was confirmed to be infected with rabies.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until the evening of June 18th.