High yesterday was 76° The low this morning was 48°
- Today: Sunny, with a high near 82° and north wind coming in gently at 5-10 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear and still cool with a drop to 52º overnight. N-NE wind will be almost calm all evening.
- Saturday: Sunny skies and oh so nice as the wind shifts and we get a high around 85 and gentle 5-10mph southerly breeze. For Saturday evening it looks like clear skies and a 59º low with nothing but very gentle breeze from the south.
- Rest of the weekend: Sunday should be all sunshine and an 80s kind of day, topping out at 86° or so. The wind could get up a little Sunday night but it will still be nice and the nice weather carries into Monday and Tuesday with some possibility of mid-week showers.
- Lampasas Police Dept. blotter for Thursday shows an alarm reported in the 1700 block of E. CTE and a theft report in the 300 block of S. Walnut. There was an assault in the 2700 block of S. Hwy 281 and a couple of suspicious activity calls from Ave E and Ave G. A fraud complaint came from the 700 block of Old Georgetown Rd, a criminal mischief in the 700 block of S. Broad and there was a harassment report in the 700 block of S. Broad. There were a total of 17 animal complaints made in the city on Thursday and there was one minor accident at 7:22am at Key and 3rd. No one was injured. There were no arrests.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. Blotter for Thursday shows that Kempner had the most problems with a theft report just before 1pm, a criminal mischief report at 4:40pm and a reckless driver report last night about 9pm. There were a couple of disturbance calls from out in the county to check out, along with one harassment report. The Jail Log shows the booking in of a 22 yr old Kempner female on her birthday Thursday night. What a birthday present. She was charged with DWI. A 38 yr old Waco woman was arrested Thursday afternoon on an out of county warrant.
The Burn Ban is lifted until Saturday, May 13 at 7pm . That is the day that the current Burn Ban Order expires. So, unless a new Burn Ban order is put in place prior to that time, you can still do outside burning after May 13th until a new order is put in place. That may be changed at any time by County Commissioners, however it has not been placed on the Commissioners Court agenda for their Monday meeting.