High yesterday was 82° The low this morning was 68°
- Today: A 30% chance of rain in the afternoon, otherwise mostly cloudy with a high near 84° and calm wind at first turning E-SE 5 -10 mph.
- Tonight: A 40% chance of rain, otherwise cloudy with a low of 67° overnight and light E-SE wind turning calm.
- Thursday: A 50% chance of rain, otherwise partly sunny with a high near 84° and calm wind going S-SE 5-10mph.
- Rest of the week: The rain chances and some of the clouds go away for Friday with a high near 86° , then come back again for the weekend. Saturday is probably going to be a decent sunny day but that will certainly change Saturday night when it clouds up again and there’s a 40% chance of rain. Sunday it looks like 30% and a kind of muggy day with a high near 89 and northerly winds coming back again.
- Lampasas Police Dept. blotter shows a theft in the 500 block of W. 3rd, some welfare concerns and a few of those calls on “suspicious” people or actions or vehicles. There was a theft report in the 500 block of W. 3rd and another one in the 1300 block of E. CTE. There was a burglary of a vehicle in the 900 block of N. Key and a reckless driver on S. 281. Also, there was an incident that caused Lampasas Police to evacuate the courthouse. It began at 4:41pm when the PD got a call from a man who is known to the department. He threatened suicide and said his body would be at the courthouse. Lampasas PD followed up on leads to determine the location of the caller in an attempt to check his welfare. Evidently, the incident turned out to be an impossible ruse. There was one minor accident at 8:30pm in the 100 block of Ohnmeiss with no injuries and there were two arrests. At 9:06am a 45 yr old Lampasas man was arrested in the 800 block of W. Ave. B on a probation violation. At 2:08pm a 32 yr old Lampasas man was arrested in the 300 block of E. 4th on two municipal warrants for criminal mischief and failure to appear and on two Uvalde PD warrants for probation violation on a controlled substance matter.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. provided no blotter today but their jail log did show the arrest of a 49 yr old local man for DWI.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until the evening of June 4th.