High yesterday was 81° The low this morning was 71°
- Today: A 50% chance of rain before 3pm, otherwise mostly cloudy with a temperature that should drop to 76° by 5pm with a lot of possible wind coming out of the W-NW at 15-20 mph and gusting, possibly to 40 mph.
- Tonight: A 10% chance of rain early this evening, then clearing with lots of wind early then decreasing.
- Thursday: Sunny with a high near 75° and N-NW wind 10-20 mph. It will get cool at night as the N-NW wind continues overnight.
- Rest of the week: A nice day on Friday with the northerly winds disappearing by Saturday and yielding to southerly warm winds for the weekend.
- Lampasas Police Dept. blotter report shows a couple of theft reports, one in the 800 block of N. Ridge and another in the 600 block of S. Western. There were a few suspicious vehicle reports and a criminal mischief in the 700 block of Old Georgetown Rd. There was a disorderly conduct problem in the 1700 block of E. CTE and there was an animal bite on Castleberry St. There were several animal complaints but no accidents in town. There were three arrests made by local cops. A 59 yr old Abilene man was arrested in the 300 block of E. 4th at 7:30am for DWI and for possession of a controlled substance. A 31 yr old Copperas Cove man was arrested at 4:38pm in the 600 block of S. Western on a Coryell Co. warrant for failure to appear on a possession of marijuana charge. And, a local 50 yr old man was arrested in the 100 block of E. 1st at 6:31pm on two municipal warrants for fighting and failure to appear.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows illegal dumping and some other minor matters in Kempner. There was an accident in the Cove city limits and out in the county there was a disturbance, a theft report and a civil matter. The arrests included a 26 yr old Lampasas man for possession of marijuana and driving without a license. Another 26 yr old man, this one from San Marcos, was arrested on a probation violation charge. Another man arrested on a probation violation was 29 yrs old and from Killeen.
The Burn Ban is lifted until Sunday, May 13th.