The High yesterday was 91° The Low this morning 77°
- Today: Mostly cloudy with a high around 93° and heat index values to 105. South wind will be brisk at 15 mph and gusty.
- Tonight: A 20% chance of showers after 1am when the front comes into the area. It will be mostly cloudy with a low around 74° and south wind will continue strong but will begin to shift back to the north.
- Sunday: A 40% chance of rain with a high of 87° and N-NW wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Next Week: The rain chances get bigger and better Sunday night and carry over into next week with 30-50% chances all week with afternoon temperatures suppressed into the 80s.
- Lampasas Police blotter shows criminal mischief in the 100 block of S. Key, a couple of abandoned vehicle reports and a traffic hazard, then alarms went off on old Georgetown Rd. and on Dawn’s Peak.
- There was another reckless driver report at E. CTE and Old Georgetown Rd. There was a fraud report in the 2700 block of Hwy 281 S., public intoxication in the 200 block of N. Key and after that a couple of suspicious things were reported. There were 7 animal complaints, otherwise it was quiet with no accidents and no arrests.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows a reckless driver in Copperas Cove and also a civil matter there. In Kempner there was an animal bite to check out and several minor matters. Out in Lampasas Co. there was a crash about 12:15 this morning and there were three reckless driver reports. One arrest was made on a Lometa man who was picked up on a probation violation and a failure to appear charge.
The Lampasas Co. Burn Ban in lifted through June 4th.