High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 76°
- Today: A 40% chance of rain this afternoon, otherwise mostly cloudy with a high near 86° and S-SE wind around 15 mph with gusts to 25.
- Tonight: 60% chance of rain after 1am, otherwise mostly cloudy and a low around 68° with south wind around 15 mph.
- Saturday: A 50% chance of rain, otherwise mostly cloudy with a high near 80° and a wind shift comes with N-NW wind 5-10 mph. Saturday evening the wind will shift a bit to NE and the rain chances go up to 60%.
- Rest of the weekend: Sunday still has rain chances, but reduced to about 30% and the wind shifts back around to more easterly. The rain chances shoot back up to 50% for Monday with low 80s high temperatures.
- Lampasas Police Dept. blotter for Thursday shows a couple of reckless driver reports, one on E. CTE and the other in the 2700 block of S. Hwy 281. There were a couple of suspicious person reports on Fairview and Riverview Drive and a disturbance in the 900 block of S/ Key. And, there were two prowler reports from the 400 block of N. Walnut and the 200 block of N. Summer. There were a lot of animal complaints (18 of them) and there were four accidents. Two minor, no injury, accidents took place in the 500 block of S. Willis at 7:15am and in the 900 block of E. 4th at 7:47am. At 7:41pm there was an accident in the 800 block of S. Main with one person transported to Scott & White. As we understand it that was not a vehicle crash, rather an incident with a young person falling off a vehicle on to the roadway. Another accident took place at 702 Brown Street just before 10pm last night. That accident sent another person to Scott & White hospital’s E.R.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. Blotter shows two crashes. One at 7:21am and the other at 10:01pm. They had 5 traffic stops and one threat was reported. Kempner had one traffic stop and one crash reported at 11:38am. Copperas Cove PD updates on a shooting we reported a few days ago. It took place just before 11pm Friday, May 12th when Police were notified of the shooting of a 34 yr old man who was taken to Scott & White. The shooter was at large and immediate ID could not be determined. But, since that time, Police have identified the man as 34 yr old Ronald Warren Smith, Jr. He is a black male, 6ft-1in tall weighing about 240lbs, and he is at large. If anyone knows the whereabouts of the man, please contact Crime Stoppers tip number at 254-547-1111.
There is no current Burn Ban in Lampasas County.