Weather and Police Report

The Weather

High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 72°

  • Today: Rain chances again, with the most likely coming this afternoon and NWS says it’s a 50-50 chance. Otherwise it will be mostly cloudy with a high up to about 89°. The south wind will be typically 15 mph but could gust to 25 mph.
  • Tonight: A 50% chance of rain before 1am with some severe storms. Otherwise it will be mostly cloudy with a low around 71° and south wind 15 mph, gusting to 20.
  • Friday: A 50% chance of rain after 1pm, otherwise cloudy and up to 84° with S-SE wind 15 mph and gusty.
  • Rest of the week: Saturday will bring a 60% chance of rain and a high of around 82° with light S-SE wind and Sunday the rain chances will be around 40% with some of that kind of weather hanging around for the early part of next week.

The Blotter

  • Lampasas Police Dept. blotter shows a fraud report in the 800 block of N. Key and a disturbance in the 1900 block of S. Hwy 281. Later, there was another disturbance in the 1600 block of E. Ave H and then a domestic disturbance call was from the 1100 block of E. 4th. Reckless driver reports came from the 800 block of N. Key, from Hwy 281 S and then from another location in the 2700 block of Hwy 281 S. Yet another disturbance was reported in the 600 block of N. Key, a couple of criminal trespass reports came from the 100 block of N. Main and the 300 block of Sunrise Hills, then another disturbance that turned into an assault, came from the 1100 block of Crider Lane. There was one accident at S. Key and Ohnmeiss at 12:31pm with no injuries, and out of the day’s busy activities there were three arrests. At 7:41am police were in the 1600 block of E. Ave J where they arrested 22 yr old Donald Wayne Smith for assault causing bodily injury in a family violence case and for interfering with an emergency request for assistance. At around 4:40pm a stop was made in the 200 block of N. Key that resulted in the arrest of a 47 year old Fredericksburg man for DWI and a 45 yr old Anna, TX woman for public intoxication.
  • Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. Did not release a blotter but the jail log shows that 3 arrests were made. One arrest was a 44 year old Kempner woman who was picked up on multiple warrants at 2:13pm. At 1:13pm, a 26 year old Copperas Cove woman was arrested for driving with an invalid license and at 4:22pm a 23 year old Buchanan Damn man was arrested for a failure to appear warrant.