High yesterday was 85° The low this morning was 60°
- Today: Mostly sunny, with a high near 82° and N-NW wind between 15 and 20 mph with gusts to 30.
- Tonight: Mostly clear, down to 57° with northern wind gust up to 20 mph. You might want to grab a jacket tonight on your way to the Riata Roundup.
- Saturday: Sunny, and will be about 85° with north winds about 5 to 10 mph. For Saturday evening is mostly clear and low 60. The wind shifts from northerly back to southerly after midnight.
- Rest of the weekend: Sunday should be sunny and in the high 80s. This temperature will carry on through the beginning of the week.
- Lampasas Police Dept. blotter for Thursday shows a disturbance in the 1700 block of E. CTE and harassment was reported in the 1000 block of S. Howe St. A theft was reported in the 500 block of E. Ave. H. There were also 2 reports of reckless drivers on E. CTE and N. Key. A missing person was reported in the 900 block of S. Broad St. and an assault reported in the 800 block of W. Ave. C. There was a disturbance in the 500 block of N. Spring and there were two minor accidents. The fender benders took place 12:16pm in the 600 block of E CTE and at 3:50pm in the 2600 block of S. Hwy 183. There was one arrest at 9:48am in the 1000 block of S. Key Ave. where a 27 year old male from Austin, Texas, was picked up on multiple out of county warrants.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. Blotter – No information was released. Copperas Cove PD reports that their animal control was dispatched on Monday to the 1100 block of W Lincoln in that city where a Raccoon was killed by a dog. Officers sent the Raccoon to the State Laboratory in Austin for testing and were notified on that same day that the Raccoon was infected with rabies. Any citizen who believes they, or their pet, has had any contact with a Raccoon, or other wild animal in this area should contact Animal Control at (254) 547-5584. Also contact your physician and/or veterinarian in the case of a possible animal exposure.
The Burn Ban is lifted until Saturday, when it expires anyway.