High yesterday was 71° The low this morning was 40°
- Today: Sunny, with a high near 76 and calm this morning turns to a 5 mph south breeze this afternoon.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy with a low around 49° and south wind 5 mph tonight.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77° and south wind 5-15 mph.
- Rest of the week: Saturday is to be partly sunny with a high near 82° and a brisk south wind for the Hillacious Bike Tour in Lampasas. Sunday will be cloudy with lots of 15 mph wind, gusting to 25 mph. That could turn into a shower Sunday night or Monday when chances of rain seem likely and hang around into the early week.
- Lampasas Police Dept. blotter report shows a theft in the 10 block of Sue Ann Dr. There was another theft report from the 500 block of W. 3rd, and there were a couple of disturbances. A domestic disturbance occurred in the 400 block of S. Key and another disturbance in the 1700 block of E. CTE. A suspicious person was reported in the 200 block of Naruna Rd. There were some motorist assists and 8 animal complaints. No accidents were on the logs, but there were three arrests. The first arrest was at 5:58pm in the 2200 block of E. Hwy 190 where a 54 yr old Lampasas woman was arrested for possession of a PG3 controlled substance, tampering with evidence and on a municipal warrant for possession of drug paraphernalia. Another arrest took place at 8:21pm in the 200 block of E Ave D on a municipal warrant for expired vehicle registration and no insurance, and yet another arrest in the 100 block of EE Ohnmeiss Dr. at 11pm last night when a 21 yr old Steamboat Springs, Colorado man was caught with marijuana and with THC Wax (a concentrated marijuana derivative).
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows a civil matter and a suicidal person report in Kempner and a couple of disturbances out in the county. A 50 yr old Copperas Cove woman was arrested on a capias warrant and a 37 yr old Kempner woman was arrested on a failure to report as a fugitive.
The Burn Ban is lifted until 7pm on Sunday.