High yesterday was 71° The low this morning was 47°
- Today: Mostly sunny with a high near 80° and south wind 5 to 15 mph, gusting to perhaps 25 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy with a low around 60° and south wind around 10-15 mph with 20 mph gusts.
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny with a high near 90° and S-SW wind around 15 mph with gusts to 25 mph.
- The rest of the week: More of the same on Wednesday but not quite as warm-perhaps 85°, the same on Thursday and into the low 90s on Friday. All the warm dry weather may go away by the weekend with a 30-40% chance of rain predicted for Saturday.
- Lampasas Police blotter for Saturday showed a domestic disturbance in the 1600 block of E. Ave H and then another one in the 2200 block of S. Hwy 183. There was suspicious activity or persons reported in the 800 block of S. Key and in the 800 block of McLean, and there was a harassment complaint in the 200 block of S. Park. There was a minor accident with no on hurt in the 200 block of N. Key at 11:51am and there was one arrest made. The arrest was on a 29 yr old Lampasas woman who was stopped in the 800 block of W. 5th at 4:24am. She was charged with DWI with a blood alcohol content over .15. On Sunday there was a noise disturbance on Castleberry St. and a suspicious person in the 900 block of E. 3rd. A civil matter was checked out in the 300 block of E. 4th and there was a domestic disturbance in the 1500 block of S. Key A burglary of a motor vehicle was reported in the 200 block of Naruna Rd. and a theft was reported in the 1700 block of E. CTE. A reckless driver report came from the area of Nix Rd and Ave. B. There was an accident in the 700 block of Old Georgetown Rd. with no injuries at 6:15 in the afternoon. A 20yr old Lampasas female was arrested at 1:27am in the 300 block of E. Ave E on three municipal traffic warrants.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. was out on several traffic stops, livestock calls, and a few Reckless Driver calls over the weekend. Arrests included a 39 yr old Copperas Cove woman, charged with public intoxication, a 36 yr old Kempner woman, charged with some class C offenses, a 27 yr old Kempner man, picked up on out of county warrants, a 42 yr old Katy woman picked up for public intoxication, and a 46 yr old Canyon Lake man, charged with DWI, second offense.
The Burn Ban was lifted again, this time until May 13th.