High yesterday was 78° The low this morning was 58°
- .58 in of rain was recorded at the airport between 9pm and midnight last night. Very scattered amounts of rain fell but the champion seemed to be at the LCRA gauge at Bend where 2.64 in. was recorded in roughly the same time period.
- Today: A 20% chance of rain this morning, but clearing in the afternoon. The temperature should get up to about 79° with little wind, perhaps up to 5 mph out of the east.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy with a low around 63° for the ball games tonight, and with a light 5-10 mph S-SE wind.
- Wednesday: Partly sunny with a high near 82° and south wind around 10 mph.
- Rest of the week: Wednesday evening is expected to be partly cloudy and dipping down to the mid to upper 60s overnight. Thursday and Friday we see sunny and 80s, then rain chances Friday night and Saturday. Sunday should be a nice day with mid-70s.
The Blotter Report
- Lampasas Police blotter showed an unauthorized use of a motor vehicle in the 800 block of E. Ave. G, a reckless driver report on Hwy 190 W. and a civil matter in the 1000 block of W. Ave B. There was a criminal mischief report from the 1800 block of N. Hwy 281 and another reckless driver report from the 100 block of E. Ave B. A minor accident took place in the 100 block of Ohnmeiss Dr at 11:28am with no injuries and there were a dozen animal complaints. Three arrests were made. 24 yr old David Elias Cano, Jr. was arrested at 10:30am in the 400 block of E. 4th on a warrant for theft. Later, at 1:08pm, a 57 yr old Lampasas woman was arrested in the 100 block of E. 5th for DWI. At 9:52pm last night a 43 yr old Killeen man was arrested in the 400 block of N. Broad for possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. jail log shows two people, a male and a female were arrested in Lometa for Driving While Intoxicated. Lampasas Firemen and local police were called on an accident that took place on Hwy 281 S. about a half mile into Burnet Co. last night shortly after 8pm. A pickup truck hydroplaned and went off the roadway doing considerable damage to the pickup but no injuries and no other property damage.
The Burn Ban is lifted until Sunday, April 23 at 7pm.