High yesterday was 78° The low this morning was 63°
- Today: A 40% chance of rain this afternoon, otherwise mostly cloudy with a high near 79° and south wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy with a low around 61° and south wind around 5 mph.
- Tuesday: Mostly sunny, as the rain chances drift away with the cloud cover. The high should reach 82° and south wind will be 5-10 mph.
- Rest of the week: The sunshine will be around on Wednesday, with an 84° high and Thursday will be the same except a bit more wind. Friday will also be windy and warm up to nightfall, then a chance of rain comes in overnight. Rain chances seem to be around 30% Friday night and Saturday but could be gone by Sunday.
- Lampasas Police blotter for Saturday showed a domestic disturbance in the 500 block of S. Main and a couple of harassment reports, one from the 1100 block of W. 4th and another from the 600 block of S. Main. Suspicious acts or persons were reported in the 800 block of N Key, the 900 block of E. 4th and the 400 block of N. Ridge, and there was a prowler report in the 1100 block of E. Ave F. There were no accidents on Saturday but there were three arrests with a 43 yr old woman picked up in the 500 block of S. Main on warrants for dog at large and a 43 yr old local man arrested in the 500 block of N. Ridge on warrants for disorderly conduct-fighting and for driving with an invalid license. Another arrest was made at 5:11pm in the 500 block of N. Key after a traffic stop. A 56 yr old man was charged with DWI. On Sunday, the log shows a juvenile complaint in the 1400 block of S. Hwy 281, a hit and run report from S. Hwy 281, and a reckless driver report from the 200 block of N. Key. There was a domestic disturbance in the 1200 block of W. 3rd St. and there were a few animal complaints but no accidents. One arrest was made at 12:15am Sunday morning as 44 yr old Betty Jean Kidd of Lampasas was arrested in the 1100 block of E. Ave F for possession of a controlled substance over a gram, failure to identify as a fugitive and on a Coryell Co. warrant for delivery of a controlled substance in a drug free zone.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. was out on a few animal calls, welfare checks, livestock, shots fired, crafts, civil matters, and a reckless driver.
The Burn Ban is lifted until Sunday, April 23 at 7pm.