Weather and Police Report

The Weather

High yesterday was 78°   The low this morning was 60°  

  • Today: Partly sunny, with a high near 79° and south wind around 10 mph. .
  • Tonight: Partly cloudy with a low around 61° and S-SE wind around 10 mph.
  • Saturday: Mostly cloudy with a high near 79° and south wind between 10-15 mph.
  • Rest of the weekend: Easter Sunday should be cloudy, with a 30% chance of rain and a high near 80°. That 30% chance hangs around overnight and goes up to 40% for Monday and even continues into Tuesday, though decreasing somewhat.

The Blotter

  • Lampasas Police Dept. blotter for Thursday shows the call to the disturbance in the 700 block of W. North Ave. that came in at 11:49am to our 911. That turned out to be violent and resulted in at least one death-more on the front page.
  • Other blotter notes show a reckless driver on S. Key, another burglary of a vehicle in the 60 block of Sue Ann, another theft in the 600 block of S. Spring, another disturbance in the 100 block of N. Walnut, a possession of a controlled substance reported in the 1400 block of S. Key and a child endangerment reported in the 1600 block of S. Key.
  • There were two minor accidents reported, one in the 1100 block of S. Key at 11:29pm and another at the intersection of W. Ave. A and Porter at 12:59pm.
  • There were no arrests made by Police on Thursday.
  • Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. Blotter for Thursday shows a reckless driver report, a civil matter and a disturbance, with the latter taking place in Copperas Cove city limits. There was a civil matter out in the county about 12:30pm and a crash around 1pm. Civil matters then took place in Kempner late afternoon and a crash in Lometa last night.
  • Arrests included a Kempner man, 29 yr old Nathaniel Lee Blair, charged with assault with bodily injury on a family member.
  • A 29 yr old Copperas Cove woman was charged on a probation violation and a 37 yr old San Saba woman was arrested on warrants for traffic and possession of drug cases.
  • In another case, 20 yr old Dylan Mackenzie Vance of Briggs was arrested for theft of property over $2,500.

The Burn Ban is lifted until Sunday, April 23 at 7pm.