The High yesterday was 85° The Low this morning 60°
- Today: A 60% chance of rain today, along with S-SE wind around 15 mph, though this will be spotty. I t appears the cloudy day will see temperatures rising to the mid to upper 70s and there could be some wind gusts.
- Tonight: Rain chances of 60% mainly after 1am in the morning, and the SE wind will be 10-15 mph and gusty with a low around 63°.\Sunday: Rain chances to 80% make the weekend likely useless if you wanted to work in the garden. The high temp will drop to a high of 72° and the wind will be coming from the east at 10-15 mph.
- Next Week: Sunday night will still have a chance of rain but finally it seems the rains will be gone by Monday and sunny skies will be back with a high of 82°. Tuesday will be very warm but very windy and much the same by Wednesday.
- Lampasas Police Dept on Friday checked out a couple of suspicious reports, one in the 200 block of S. Race and another in the 600 block of Gamel. There was a welfare concern and 10 animal complaints. One minor accident occurred in the 200 block of N. Key at 2:24pm with no injuries. A major accident earlier in the day, at 7:50am, sent on person to the local ER. It took place in the 100 block of W. 1st with 3 vehicles involved. There were three arrests made with a 34 yr old man arrested in the 600 block of S. Western at 1am Friday morning for evading arrest or detention. At 3:37am a 30 yr old Austin man was arrested in the 800 block of N. Key for possession of marijuana under 2 oz., and at 2:28pm Friday afternoon a 47 yr old Lampasas man was arrested in the 1200 block of E. Ave C on a warrant for credit card/debit card abuse.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter showed calls out in the county. Copperas Cove had several traffic stops, medical calls, harassment and a warrant. Out in Kempner there were some citizen assist, a few medical, traffic stops, a fraud, and a civil matter. In Lometa there was a call for an alarm going off. There were a few disturbance calls, reckless driving, and a crash. Lampasas had a couple of traffic stops, a motor assist, a animal problem, a repossession, lost and found, and a fish and game call. Arrests included 22 yr old Osvaldo Daniel Alvarado of Lometa, charged with assault on a family member, resisting arrest and an accident involving damage, as well as having a prohibited substance in a correctional facility. Also arrested was a 27 yr old Kempner woman, charged with some misc. offenses and a failure to appear. A Copperas Cove man was charged with public intoxication and a capias pro fine, and a Tyler man was arrested for DWI.
The Burn ban is lifted until Sunday at 7pm.