High yesterday was 71° The low this morning was 58°
- Today: There is a small chance of rain before noon, then maybe a little patchy fog, otherwise cloudy and a high near 80°. The south wind will be brisk at 15-20 mph with gusts as high as 25mph.
- Tonight: A 30% chance of rain comes back after midnight with the arrival of a weak cold front, otherwise it will be mostly cloudy with a low around 58° and the south wind will shift to W-NW 15-20 mph gusting to 20 mph.
- Tuesday: Partly sunny with a high near 71° and N-NW wind between 10 and 15 mph with gusts to 20 mph.
- Rest of the week: The low Tuesday night will dip to 47° and by Wednesday the E-NE wind is back to S-SE. Thursday it will begin to look like spring again with a mid to upper 70s high and slight chance of springtime drizzle or rain. That kind of weather carries into next weekend.
Lampasas Police blotter for Saturday showed a couple of warrant arrests and a burglary of a building in the 600 block of W. Ave A. There was a suicide case in the 100 block of Bigham St. and a harassment reported in the 700 block of E. Ave. F. The usual suspicious person or suspicious activity calls came in, along with a “shots fired” report in the 700 block of E. Ave. J and a noise disturbance report in the 900 block of N. Key. There were no accidents in town on Saturday but Police were still serving warrants in that warrant roundup. A 29 yr old Lampasas woman was arrested in the 100 block of Naruna Rd on a charge of driving with an invalid license with previous conviction, also on warrants out of Williamson Co for possession of marijuana and driving with invalid license and no insurance. A 41 yr old Gatesville man was located and arrested in the 1700 block of Leon in Gatesville. He was arrested at 10:44am Saturday on two Lampasas Muncipal Court warrants for driving with an invalid license and no insurance. On Sunday the log shows a harassment report filed at 1309 CTE, then later, at 1308 CTE there was a disturbance report. Another disturbance report came from the 200 block of N. Ridge. A theft was reported at 801 N. Key and a reckless driver was reportedly headed north on US 281/Key Ave. There were a couple of medical emergencies handled over the day. There were no accidents on Sunday but one Lampasas man was arrested at 6am in the 400 block of E. 4th St. on a municipal court warrant for no driver license.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. a 30 year old female was arrested for out of county charges. A 43 year old male was arrested for a parole violation assault, possession of drugs and kidnapping. A 52 year old male was arrested for DWI 3rd or more. A 41 year old male was arrested for capias fines, and a 68 year old male arrested for theft. Also, a 40 year old female arrested for out of county warrants. A 53 year old male arrested for burglary of a building.
- Lampasas Fire Dept. worked a few matters. There was an oven fire that was easily contained and a one vehicle accident by the airport north of town that didn’t appear to be too serious, and the FD assisted on medical calls and one assist with local police and EMS on a death.
- The Burn Ban has been lifted in Lampasas County until Sunday afternoon, March 12th at 6pm.
- Burnet Police Chief Paul Nelson sent out a press release this morning, noting that they have confirmed that a skunk, found last Wednesday in NE Burnet, was rabid. It’s the first case there this year and this is just a notification for caution in the area.