The High yesterday was 67° The Low this morning 50°
- Today: 60% chance of rain, mostly after noon, otherwise cloudy with a high near 59° and SE wind between 5 an 15 mph with some gusting.
- Tonight: 60% chance of rain continues early, then decreasing. The low will be around 54° with S-SE wind at 10-15 mph.
- Sunday: A 30% chance of rain and cloudy with a high near 68° and S-SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Next Week: Sunday night rain chances at 20% and going away by Monday morning. The high Monday afternoon should be around 80° with the sun coming back out and south wind will be brisk at 10-15 mph and gusting to 25. Tuesday the rain chances are likely coming back in with moderate low 70s temperatures and Wednesday it should be a nice day.
- Lampasas Police Dept on Friday had the usual suspicious person or suspicious vehicle reports from various areas around town. Other reports included a forgery in the 300 block of E. 3rd, a reckless driver on Hwy 281 S. and harassment in the 1500 block of S. Key. There was a minor accident last night shortly before 10pm in the 10 block of Steele St. Four arrests were made. The first came at 1am Friday morning when 35 yr old Charlie Pena was arrested in the 1400 block of W 1st for DWI with a child passenger. At 7:14am Friday morning Toni Ann Madonna Advincula, 32 of Lampasas, was arrested in the 300 block of E. 4th on a Lampasas PD warrant for assault. Later in the day, just before 1pm, a 19 yr old local male was arrested in the 1300 block of S. Key on three municipal warrants for having a dog at large with no vaccination and minor in possession of tobacco. Shortly after that, 30 yr old April Jane Crosby of Lampasas was arrested at 2:30pm in the 300 block of N. Key on a PD warrant for forgery.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter showed calls on a Civil matter at Kempner about 6:30am. There was another civil matter call at Kempner at 1:30 in the afternoon and yet another one at 6:19pm. There was a disturbance in the Copperas Cove city limits shortly after 5pm. Arrests included a 45 yr old Gatesville man, picked up on a parole violation; and there was a Lometa woman, 36 yr old Sabrina Jo Snyder, picked up on a forgery of a financial instrument and an out of county charge. Martin Bocanegra Gonzales, 64 of Lampasas, was arrested for DWI, 3rd or more offense, Johnathan Calvin Hamilton, 29 of Lampasas, was charged with forgery of a financial instrument, and a 26 yr old Rusk man was picked up on a bond surrender.
The Burn ban is on in Lampasas County.