High yesterday was 81° The low this morning was 65°
- Today: A 20% chance of rain today, otherwise cloudy with a high near 81°. S-SE wind will be between 5 and 15 mph and gusting to 25 mph.
- Tonight: A 90% chance of rain overnight but that is probably coming after 1am in the morning. There could be storming with it. The wind will be southerly 15 -20 mph and gusting at first, then decreasing to 5-10. The low will be around 60°.
- Wednesday: Clouds early, with a slight chance of rain, then clearing to sunny in the afternoon. S-SW wind 5-10 mph are expected .
- Rest of the week: Wednesday evening is expected to be pleasant, with possibly a little wind, then Thursday will be low 70s with NW wind coming in around 15 mph and gusting. That will bring a cooler 50° Thursday night, but it will be gone by Friday with south winds coming back. Saturday is a bit of a question mark with a slight chance of rain foreseen, along with 10-15 mph S-SE wind with gusts and a high close to 80°.
- Lampasas Police blotter showed 13 animal complaints and two accidents. One of those accidents took place at 8:15am in the 900 block of S. Spring with no injuries and the other took place at 1:33pm at 4th and College with unknown injuries. There were two arrests, both on warrants. A 32 yr old Copperas Cove woman was arrested at 4:49pm on Hillcrest Drive on 9 municipal warrants for traffic infractions and a theft of property under $100, and for failure to appear on those charges. The second arrest came at 9:37pm in the 1200 block of E. Ave H on a 21 yr old male. He was charged with 2 Lampasas PD warrants for no insurance and no driver’s license.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. answered several calls of medical assistance and civil matters a theft and suspicious vehicle. There were several livestock calls and a disturbance call. A 52 year old female was arrested for intoxication, possession of marijuana and several other class c misdemeanors.
- Copperas Cove Police report that they have arrested the man they believe is responsible for the U.S. Post Office burglary in that city. The burglary of 21 post office boxes had taken place on March 20th. On March 24th, last Friday, Police arrested Jesse Raymond Kissel, 28, a resident of Copperas Cove, and charged him with related crimes. His bond was set at $20,000. Cove Police noted that one of the post office boxes burglarized was used by the City of Copperas Cove.
The Burn Ban has been lifted again. This lift will expire on Sunday evening at 7pm.