High yesterday was 84° The low this morning was 62°
- Today: Mostly cloudy, a few morning sprinkles, then gradually sunny, with a high near 83°. The wind will come out of the WSW about 5 mph.
- Tonight: Increasing clouds with a low of 62° overnight and a SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Tuesday: A 30% chance of rain after noon, otherwise mostly cloudy with a high near 81° and S-SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Rest of the week: The rain chances are very likely Tuesday night and early Wednesday, then sunshine on Thursday and Friday with the rain chances back on Saturday and Sunday.
- Lampasas Police blotter for Saturday showed a disturbance in the 200 block of N. Howe, another in the 1000 block of S. Walnut, a disturbance in the 600 block of N. Ridge and a domestic disturbance in the 600 block of W. 6th St. There was a traffic hazard in the 700 block of S. Key, an alarm in the 400 block of S. Live Oak and suspicious activity in the 1300 block of E. CTE. There were a few misc. calls and no accidents. There was one arrest as a 62 yr old man was picked up in the 1399 block of E. CTE on municipal warrants for having an open container, failure to identify and failure to appear. On Sunday, the log shows loud music on W. 2nd and a disturbance on W. 1st. There were reckless driver reports in the 600 block of Old Georgetown Rd and Hwy 281 and Ohnmeiss Drive, then another on at Race and Ave C. There was also a report of a suspicious act on Ave C, and there was a theft report in the 1200 block of Cloud St. There were no accidents, but there were 7 arrests made. A 32 yr old Lampasas man was arrested in the 800 block of W. 1st for possession of a controlled substance under a gram just after midnight Saturday night. Also arrested at about the same time in the 1100 block of W. 1st was a 27 yr old Lampasas man, charged with DWI. About two hours later at the same spot a 30 yr old Lampasas male was arrested for DWI with a child under 15 yrs of age and a warrant for disorderly conduct-fighting. In the 600 block of S. Ridge at 2:43pm Sunday afternoon a 21 yr old Lampasas female was arrested for assault on a public servant, resisting arrest, criminal mischief over $750 and public intoxication. At 8:28pm a 54 yr old Lampasas man was arrested in the 100 block of E. 3rd St for public intoxication. At 10:09pm a 52 yr old Lampasas woman was arrested in the 1400 block of E. Ave A on 9 warrants for public intoxication, 4 counts of violating a court order, failure to have insurance, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. At 11:59pm Sunday night a 22 yr old Lampasas man was arrested on two Travis Co. warrants for theft over $50, under $500 and for bail jumping and failure to appear.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. worked several traffic stops, animal calls, and medical assists.
Burn Ban has been lifted until May 13th, 2017