High yesterday was 83° The low this morning was 62°
- Today: Partly sunny with a high near 82° with south wind between 5 and 15 mph.
- Tonight: Increasing clouds with a low around 63° and south wind at 10-15 mph.
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny with a high near 83° and strong south wind coming at 15-25 mph with gusts to 35 mph.
- Rest of the week: Thursday night will see a slight chance of rain coming in after midnight, that along with very strong winds that can gust to 30 mph. That will increase to70% chance of rain on Friday with more 30 mph gusts in the wind and rain storms. It will all blow over by Friday evening, bringing a low of 54° overnight. Saturday should be sunny, though now it appears that the W-NW wind will continue on Saturday, possibly making for some difficulty with tents at the Diamondback Jubilee festival. Sunday will be similar, but now it appears that there will be a slight chance of a shower or rain on Sunday.
- Lampasas Police Dept. blotter report shows a disturbance in the 100 block of W. 2nd, then a forgery report from the 1400 block of S. Key. There was a harassment in the 1000 block of S. Key, a burglary of a motor vehicle in the 400 block of E. 5th and a fraud report from the 1400 block of W. 4th. A reckless driver was reported on Hwy 281 S. and a domestic disturbance in the 100 block of S. Chestnut. The last note on the blotter report was a theft that came from the 1400 block of S. Key. There were 7 animal complaints but no accidents and no arrests.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. answered several traffic stops and suspicious vehicles and a few livestock calls along with a few medical assists.
- Lampasas Firemen were out
The Burn Ban is lifted until 6pm on Sunday.