.High yesterday was 71° The low this morning was 58°
- Today: A chance of drizzle, then mostly cloudy with a high near 74° and south wind 10-15 mph and gusting to 25 mph..
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy skies with a low of 60° and south wind 15 mph with gusts to 20..
- Friday: A cloudy beginning that will turn sunny with an 80° high and strong south wind 15-20 mph and gusting to 25 mph.
- The weekend: Saturday will bring lighter wind finally with the south breeze only 5-10 mph. The high should be in the upper 70s Saturday and very close to 80 on Sunday. The wind will be a little higher on Sunday, up to 10-15 mph. We’ll see low 80s highs early next week. So far this year, we’ve had just over 5 inches of rain. That’s almost exactly the average amount for the first 2 ½ months of the year. However, we had a pretty big deficit of about an inch in December, the last day of 2016. So-o, we could use a good spring rain.
- .Lampasas Police Dept. blotter for Wednesday shows a couple of suspicious persons and a suspicious vehicle report, along with a theft report in the 1100 block of S. Willis and a domestic disturbance in the 300 block of N. Porter. There were only three animal complaints, but there were two minor accidents. The first fender bender was in the 1700 block of E. CTE at 9:12am and the second was at 6th and Western at 4:30pm. No injuries were reported in either accident. There was one arrest at 9:22am. A 33 yr old Killeen woman was arrested in the 1700 block of E. CTE on two municipal court warrants for speeding and driving with an invalid license.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. Blotter for Wednesday shows three accidents out in the county. There were calls to Kempner for a burglary and one disturbance. Copperas Cove also had a disturbance call.
- Lometa had a quiet day.
The Burn Ban is lifted until Sunday at 7pm.