The High yesterday was 76° The Low this morning 54°
- Today: Mostly sunny and a high near 81° with S-SW wind around 10 mph. In short, a very nice warm day!
- Tonight: The clouds increase and the south wind stays light at 5-10 mph. The overnight tem gets down to 61°.
- Sunday: The day may start off nice very early, but the clouds will increase and there’s a 50% chance of rain coming in. The temperature will get up to 76° with a south wind a little stiffer at 10-15 mph.
- Next Week: Sunday night will be the biggest chance of the biggest rain. It’s a 70% chance of rain that could be heavy overnight. It will get down to 58° but it’s expected that the wind will be very light. The rain chances carry into Monday morning but it will turn to partly sunny with a high near 74.
- All of the above will turn into a pretty nice Tuesday and Wednesday and into the latter part of the week too.
- Lampasas Police Dept on Friday had calls on 10 animal com-plaints, an assault in the 900 block of S. Broad, a theft in the 1200 block of E. CTE, and a criminal trespass on E. 3rd.
- There was also a civil matter on Old Georgetown Rd., a noise disturbance in the 1300 block of E. Ave H, harassment on E. Ave. H and a couple of suspicious acts or persons were called in on.
- There was a minor accident at 7:36am in the 1900 block of Hwy 281 with no injuries reported, and there were two arrests made.
- A 50 yr old Lampasas man was arrested at 2:15pm in the 400 block of E 4th on a municipal warrant for not having safety equip-ment on a bicycle.
- A 47 yr old Lampasas man was arrested at 9:56am in the 1100 block of S. Key for driving while his license was invalid and for no vehicle insurance.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter showed calls on a reckless driver in Lometa and one theft reported there. Kempner had an accident just west of town that brought emergency services, and there was another crash out in the county. There was also a bur-glary report and a civil matter out in the county.
- The jail log showed a couple of commitment arrests where a 27 yr old Temple man was taken into custody on a commitment matter and a 33 yr old Poteet man was arrested on the same matter.
- Lampasas Fireman had a couple of medical calls, otherwise it was quiet.
The Burn ban is on in Lampasas County. An earlier lift of the ban this week was rescinded and it is back on until further notice.