Elections will take place on May 6th all over Texas. The Election Date is set aside, principally for City Council and School Board positions, but also for any other special Elections that are deemed necessary. In Lampasas County there will be several City and School Board seats expiring and anyone who is a legal resident of the City or District involved can run for Election for one of those seats—but you must file today.
For the City of Lampasas the Elections are for:
- Position Current Incumbent Others Filed
- Mayor Christian Toups (no filing) Misti Talbert
- Place 1 Chris Harrison (filed)
- Place 2 Robert McCauley (filed)
- Place 6 T.J. Monroe (filed)
Misti Talbert above currently holds the Place 3 Council Seat. If she is elected Mayor, the Council will appoint a new Council member of their choice to serve out her unexpired term.
Lampasas ISD School Board seats for election:
Position Current Incumbent Others Filed
- Place 6 Sam Walker (filed)
- Place 7 Ryan Shahan (filed) Robert Goodart
- Robert Goodart above is a City Work Superintendent in the Streets Dept.
- The incumbent, Ryan Shahan is a local bank’s Branch President.
Kempner City Council seats up for Election are:
Position Incumbent Others Filed
- Mayor Carolyn Crane Keith Harvey (filed)
- Place 2 Robert McKennan (filed)
- Place 3 Bob Crane (no filing)
- Place 4 Clifton Morse (no filing)
Lometa City Council seats up for Election are:
- Three at-large seats on the City Council.
- The incumbent whole terms expiring are David Fair, John Vasquez and Susan Hines. No one had filed to run as of this morning.
- Lometa ISD seats up for Election include:
- Two at-large seats are up for regular election and one is for the spe-cial unexpired term election after the resignation of Ben Leggett. Incumbent Stacy Pauly, and Jimmy Thompson have filed for their re-election to the at-large seats.