- The Weather
High yesterday was 67° The low this morning was 45°
- Today: Sunny and even nicer today with a high near 73° and W-SW wind 5-10 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear with a low around 45° and SW wind between 5-10 mph.
- Tuesday: The nice weather continues with sunshine and a high of 75° with the winds continuing a gradual shift toward southerly. This day it will be S-SW wind 5-15 mph and possibly gusting occasionally to 20 mph.
- Rest of the week: Continuing nice weather with a beautiful day Wednesday with southerly wind and a high of 76°.
- Then, it starts to change with another wind shift as a cool front comes through, starting Thursday. The highs Thursday and into the weekend should be mid-60s. There are rain chances starting Friday night and going through the weekend.
- Lampasas Police reported some minor calls on Sunday with a burglary of a motor vehicle in the 1000 block of Cloud St., then a noise disturbance in the 300 block of Hackberry and another disturbance on N. Broad St.
- There were no accidents in town, but there was an arrest as a 24 yr old Kempner man was arrested at E. FM 580 and CR 3430 for possession of a small amount of marijuana and for failure to maintain financial responsibility at 11:11pm.
- Saturday’s Police blotter showed five arrests, a couple of burglar alarms went off, and an airplane at the airport seemed to have a problem with a flat tire? Other notes included a report of shots fired on W. Ave. E.
- There were five arrests Saturday with a traffic stop around 3:45am in the 100 block of E. North Ave. The 20 yr old driver was charged with DWI and no insurance and a 23 yr old Lampasas female with him was found to have two municipal traffic warrants and was also arrested.
- On Saturday evening at 9:54pm, a 27 yr old Copperas Cove female was arrested in the 100 block of E. North on a municipal warrant for driving without a valid license.
- At 10:13pm two people were arrested in the 600 block of N. Key. 20 yr old Steven Walker of Friendswood was charged with possession of a small amount of pot and unlawful carrying of a firearm. With Walker was a 19 yr old Houston female who was also charged with pot possession.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter showed a theft and a missing person case in Kempner, along with out in the county reports on a disturbance, suspicious persons and a run to Copperas Cove on a burglary report.
The Burn Ban is back in effect in Lampasas County as of this morning.