High yesterday was 71° The low this morning was 50°
- Today: Partly sunny with a high near 69° and a N-NW wind 10-15 mph.
- Tonight: The cold front arrives with a low around 36° and a north wind 10 mph.
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny but with a high of only about 50° and a NE wind between 5 and 10 mph.
- Rest of the week: The somewhat calm but determined cold front that comes in tonight will reach its peak Friday night with temperatures dropping to the mid to upper 20s. It should be with us through the weekend and start warming up just a little on Sunday. Daytime highs will be the lowest on Friday.
- Lampasas Police Dept. respondedto four animal complaints and two minor accidents on Monday, one at 4:48am in the 900 block of CTE and on at 11:24amin the 500 block of N. Key. No injuries were reported.
- There was one arrest as a 48 yr old Lampasas man was jailed on two municipal warrants, one for expired drivers license and one for running a stop sign.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter for Monday shows a fireworks complaint and a disturbance in Copperas Cove. Kempner had a report of suspicious activity, alarmcalls, an animal problem and a medical call. Out in the county there were reports of shots fired, an accident, medical calls, and a reported trespassing.
- The jail log shows no arrests.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is in effect.