High yesterday was 76° The low this morning was 55° The NW wind that terrorized us over the weekend made a shift to SW Monday and it was very light at 5-10 mph early this morning.
- Today: Mostly sunny with a high near 81° and S-SW wind 15-20 mph with gusts to 25 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy with a low around 44° and a calm wind that will shift back to W-NW between 5-10 mph.
- Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 62° and a NW wind between 10-20 mph with gusts to 25 mph.
- Rest of the week: Sunny, but cooler Thursday at a 69° high, much the same on Friday and all the way through the weekend.
- Lampasas Police Dept. responded to several animal complaints, no accidents and one arrest.
- The arrest came at 9:57pm when police arrested a 53 yr old female from Canyon Lake in the 800 block of N. Key Ave. The arrest came on a Comanche County warrant for failure to appear.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter for Monday shows that the county booked in 29 yr old William Ray Channon of Walnut, Michigan for theft of property and a 45 yr old Kempner man on a probation violation.
- Other activity included a Kempner pursuit and a theft investigation. Out in the county there was a civil matter and a fraud case reported.
- Copperas Cove Police report another aggravated robbery at a convenience store. The 7 Eleven on Hwy 190 was held up by a man with a handgun. He was said to be either white or Hispanic, about 5’7” or 5’ 8” with a medium build. He wore a black t-shirt, tan hooded coat, khaki pants and black shoes with white soles. He had a bandana over his face and a black beanie hat. The robber left the store with the cash and no-one was injured. Crime Stoppers is looking for help. Call 254-547-1111 with your tips for cash.
The Burn Ban is on Lampasas County.