- The Weather
High yesterday was 73° The low this morning was 50°
- Rainfall overnight was .3 inches at the airport.
- The fog and clouds came in about midnight and rain and wind hit about 3:30am. Wind gusts at the airport were up to 32 mph with heavy rain and lightning until about 4:30am.
- Today: Sunny with a high of 71° and W-NW wind between 5 and 15 with possible gusts to 20 mph.
- Tonight: A few clouds and a low of 47° along with a light west wind 5-10 mph.
- Tuesday: Sunny with a high near 67 and NW wind 10 mph.
- Rest of the week: Tuesday night the cold front comes in again with a low all the way down to 35°. On Wednesday the change will be real with some sunshine but a daytime high of only about 47°. That north wind will be coming in, though not very bad, only about 10 mph. This kind of weather will continue into the weekend with daytime highs usually in the 40s, maybe into the mid 50s on Sunday.
- Lampasas Police report that it was actually pretty quiet on New Year’s Eve Saturday with a minor accident at Brook Park at 5:49pm, then a couple of arrests on Sunday.
- Lionel Vona Leslie, 34 of Corsicana, was arrested in the 1300 block of CTE for aggravated assault with a weapon at 1:56am. After that, at 4:24am, police were at the same address where they arrested Kendra Kaylean Holland, 26 of Griffin, GA for public intoxication, tampering with physical evidence, possession of a controlled substance, and possession of a controlled substance PG1.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter on New Year’s Eve shows a civil matter, fireworks, a noise complaint and a livestock issue in Kemper. Out in the county there was reports of criminal mischief and disturbances, a DWI and a fish & game call. New Year’s day the blotter shows in Copperas Cove there was a report of a reckless driver, a livestock issue and a disturbance. Kempner had a medical call, a shots fired call, a criminal mischief complaint and a report of suspicious activity. Out in the county there was a report of illegal dumping, a reported animal bite, suspicious activity, civil matters, and an accident.
- The jail log for Saturday shows a 22 yr old Ft. Worth man was arrested on a traffic offense, a 26 yr old Copperas Cove resident was jailed for DWI with an open container of alcohol, 43 yr old Ft. Worth man was taken into custody for possession of a controlled substance penalty group one less thana gram.
- The jail log for Sunday shows a 51 yr old Lampasas man was taken into custody for criminal trespass and public intoxication of a pedestrian, and a 33 yr old Lometa man was jailed for assault causing bodily injury.
- Lampasas Fire Dept. reports that in the last 24 hours, they responded to an illegal burn, a medical call, and a traffic accident on CTE involving a jack-knifed tractor trailer.
The Burn Ban for Lampasas County is in effect.