High yesterday was 76° The low this morning was 58°
Rainfall at the airport as of 8am was about .05 in.
- Today: Our 30 to 40% chance of rain turned to reality already as rainfall began in Lampasas County shortly before 8am this morning. The rain shower chances continue as the day goes on. We also see a slight decrease in the temperature as the wind shifted to northerly around 5am. Temperatures may get into the 60s today, however the cool front appears to be coming in earlier than expected and only upper 50s wouldn’t be a big surprise.
- Tonight: A 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms with lots of clouds and a low of 53°, along with a NE wind 10 mph.
- Saturday: A 40% chance of rain again, along with clouds, a high of 67°, and a light NE wind between 5 and 10 mph.
- The weekend will see Saturday night lows to 56° with only a 20% chance of rain but lots of clouds and a light E-SE wind. Sunday brings a 50% chance of rain and a high near 69°. That turns to a 70% chance of rain Sunday night and 60% on Monday and into 50% chance of rain on Tuesday.
- Lampasas Police Dept. blotter shows lots of animal complaints (10) and one accident that took place in the 900 block of S. Broad at 7:18pm.
- Police made two arrests at around 1am on Thursday when they served warrants in the 500 block of S. Chestnut. A 25 yr old man was arrested on 9 warrants that ran from expired vehicle registration to consumption of alcohol by a minor and in addition to the warrants, he was charged with public intoxication. In the same incident a 21 yr old male was arrested on a warrant for failing to comply with sex offender registration.
- Other arrests include a 17 yr old Lampasas male picked up at 1:13pm in the 900 block of S. Key on warrants for minor in possession of tobacco and drug paraphernalia, and there was a 43 yr old Austin female arrested at 9:55pm last night in the 100 block of W. 6th on two Caldwell Co. warrants for theft by check.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. Blotter for Thursday responded to a criminal mischeif call, a traffic stop, and a trespassing report in Lometa. Kempner had a couple of traffic stops and a runaway reported. There were several Civil matters, multiple medical transports and animal calls, and a citizen’s assist.
- ***Notice: BNSF railroad will be closing the crossing on County Road 2001 on Friday January 13, 2017 from 8am to approximately 3pm to complete work needed on the crossing.
The Burn Ban is on in both Lampasas and Coryell Co.