High yesterday was 93° The low this morning was 71°
- Today: Mostly sunny and up to 93° this afternoon with a south wind blowing at 5-15 mph.
- Tonight: Partly cloudy with a low of 73° and a S-SE wind around 5-10 mph.
- Saturday: A 60% chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 1pm. Otherwise cloudy and up to 86° with south wind 5-10 mph becoming north in the afternoon.
- Rest of the weekend: Sunday will see the sunshine out most of the day with a high of 87° and light N-NE wind 5 mph. Monday and Tuesday are to be nice, but rain chances are back in here by Wednesday.
- Lampasas Police made three arrests and assisted in another that involved a bank robbery suspect at a local hotel.
- At 1:19pm Thursday police arrested a 42 yr old Lampasas female in the 1700 block of E. Ave. G for possession of a controlled substance.
- Then at 1:36pm, officers arrested Allen Keith Jackson, 41, in the 1500 block of S. Key on Municipal Court Warrants for driving with an out-of-state driver license for more than 30 days and for violating a driver license restriction.
- Mark Nicholas Edge, 25 of Ft Worth, was arrested at 3:30pm in the 400 block of E 4th on six Municipal Court Warrants for expired registration, no insurance and failure to appear.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Office blotter shows that Lometa had a civil matter, an animal complaint and a report of a traffic hazard. Kempner had calls for a disturbance, a utility problem and a shots fired call.
- Out in the county, there were numerous civil matters, some medical calls, a welfare check and a crash along with a few traffic hazards reported, an abandoned vehicle and an agency assist. There was also a fish and game call and a few reports of suspicious activity.
- The jail log shows a 47 yr old Lampasas man was arrested on a bond surrender.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas is lifted until Sept. 12.