High yesterday was 93° The low this morning was 73°
- Today: Sunny and a high near 94° with heat index values to 97. The south wind will come in about 10-15 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly clear with a low around 74° and S-SE wind 5-10 mph.
- Friday: Mostly sunny and a high near 92° with south wind 5-10 mph.
- Rest of the week: Saturday is the day the rains may come. A 50% chance of rain that day and Sunday perhaps a 20% chance. That takes care of your weekend plans, right? Early next week looks sunny, with perhaps more rain Wednesday.
- Lampasas Police worked one minor accident at 10:56pm in the 100 block of E. 4th. There were no injuries involved.
- One arrest was made over the 24 hour period when, at 7:13pm, Police picked up a 26 yr old Lampasas woman, Britany Rae Marez, in the 800 block of N. Key. She had warrants out for theft, possession of drug paraphernalia, driving without a license, possession of a controlled substance, and a Tom Green Co. warrant for unauthorized absence from a correctional facility and more drug possession.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows a criminal mischief report, along with a few disturbances.
- Two arrests were made. A 25 yr old Kempner woman was taken into custody for an out of county charge and a 34 yr old Killeen woman was arrested for 2 failure to appear charges.
- Lampasas Fire Dept. reports that the fire alarm at the school that left students outside the building with a loud alarm going on inside for nearly a half hour was set off in a required test. The local fire departments is required to test the alarms at certain times, and they did so. The problem came when the school's key that was required to get into a box to turn it off didn't work.
- They waited for someone to bring another key, which still didn't work, and finally they pried the box open to turn it off. It made for an interesting morning for everyone, but... good news! The fire alarm does work!
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is lifted until Sept. 12.