High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 73°
- Today: Mostly sunny and a high of about 92° with heat index values as high as 99°. South wind 10-15 mph.
- Tonight: There should be partly cloudy skies overnight and a low of about 74° along with S-SE wind of 10 mph.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny and a high of 93° with a heat index of 97 and south wind 5-10 mph.
- Rest of the Week: A mostly sunny day Friday but back to cloudy and 40% chances of rain for the start of the weekend.
- Lampasas Police had three minor accidents to work on Tuesday. The first was at 7:17am at the intersection of S. Key and 4th with no injuries, then another at the intersection of S. Key and 9th at 11:45am and the last one at 3:48pm in the 400 block of S. Pecan. No injuries were involved in any of them.
- Two arrests were made by local police with a 22 yr old Hutto man, Samuel Spradling, and a 20 yr old Lubbock woman, Lauren Lindsay Mills, arrested for possession of under a gram of concentrated THC (Hash Oil). That arrest took place at 12:25am on a traffic stop on N. Key Ave.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows one arrest on an 18 yr old Lampasas male over a probation violation.
- In other matters Lometa had a fish and game matter, Kempner had some harassment complaints, a civil matter, a couple of shots fired calls, a missing person, a reckless driver and a theft. Out in the county, Deputies worked on accidents, a disturbance and a couple of civil matters, a theft and a disturbance.
- Lampasas High School classes were interrupted for a short time this morning when someone accidentally set off a fire alarm, evacuating the building.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until Sept. 12.