High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 76°
- Today: A 20% chance of rain today with partly sunny skies and a high around 91°. South wind should be 10-15 mph with gusts to 20 mph.
- Tonight: A 20% chance of rain before 9am, then just clouds and a low 74° with S-SE wind 10-15 mph.
- Wednesday: A 20% chance of rain, otherwise partly sunny with a high near 91° and a south wind 10-15mph and gusty.
- Rest of the Week: Mostly sunny with low 90s for highs and generally light south winds.
- Lampasas Police had a fairly quiet day on Saturday with no accidents, but there were a couple of arrests. A 59 yr old local man was arrested in the 800 block of N. Key for DWI at 1:23am and at 10:28pm officers were in the 400 block of W. 6th St. where they arrested Raul Mendez-Perez, 42 of Kempner, on charges of assault by contact - family violence.
- On Sunday there were again no accidents but there were 3 arrests made. A 54 yr old Lampasas man led officers on a chase but was finally arrested in the 900 block of W. Ave. E at 3:46am for evading arrest/detention with a vehicle, DWI-2nd offense, driving with an invalid license and resisting arrest.
- In another arrest a 28 yr old Lampasas man was arrested at 9:07pm in the 100 block of E. 1st on 6 municipal traffic warrants, and in the 3rd arrest a 25 yr old Abilene man was arrested at 8:45pm on CTE for driving with an invalid license.
- On Monday there were no arrests but there were two accidents. One at 1:55pm in the 900 block of S. Key with no injuries and one at 2:30pm in the 900 block of E. Ave D whereemergency services transported someone for treatment.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows a fairly quiet holiday weekend. Kempner had an agency assist, a citizen complaint and an alarm call. Lometa shows a trespassing call, and a traffic stop. San Saba had a Medical call, and Copperas Coveshowed a fish and game call, a suspicious activity call, and lost and found property.
- Out in the county there were a number ofcivil matters, some suspicious activity calls, and an alarm. There were several disturbance calls, a crash and a report of shots fired.
- The jail log shows 4 arrests over the weekend. A47 year old man from Nolanville was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, less than a gram, fraud, and DWI. A Lampasas man, 20, was taken into custody for no drivers license and DWI, and a Bastrop man, 27 yrs of age was brought in for a traffic offense. Kassidee Reid, 28, of Kempner, was arrested for injury to a child/elderly/disabled person with intent of bodily injury.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is lifted until Sept. 12.