High yesterday was 85° The low this morning was 58°
- Today: Sunny with a high near 78°. Light north wind early, increasing to 10-15 mph in the afternoon and gusty.
- Tonight: Mostly clear with a low of 54° and 5 mph N-NE wind.
- Friday: Sunny with a high near 77° and 5 mph N-NE wind.
- Rest of the week: A lot of generally clear skies, sunny days, and highs rising into the low 80s some afternoons.
- Lampasas Police had two minor accidents to work on Wednesday. At 8:51am there was a crash in the 200 block of S. Main. At 12:44pm, another accident took place. This one was at the intersection of S. Key and 4th. There were no injuries in either accident.
- There were two arrests made late last night. At 10:43pm a 44 yr old local woman was stopped in the 700 block of N. Key and charged with driving with an invalid license.
- At 10:48pm police were in the 700 block of Old Georgetown Road where they arrested a 22 yr old Briggs woman on a warrant from Williamson Co. for driving with an invalid license.
- Lampasas Sheriff's blotter shows a few traffic stops and a few reports of suspicious behavior in Copperas Cove, and a warrant service in Lometa. Kempner had some animal complaints and a few alarm calls, along with a warrant service and a reported crash. Out in the county there were a few traffic stops and medical calls, a civil matter and a crash.
- The jail log shows one arrest as a 34 yr old Lometa man was jailed for a parole violation.
- Copperas Cove Fire: On Monday, Sept. 26, at 2:07pm, the Copperas Cove Fire Dept. responded to a structure fire at 213 E. Hogan. No residents were home at the time, but two adults and two children were displaced as a result of the fire. Three family dogs were saved and treated on-scene for smoke inhalation, however one dog and one cat perished. The home was ruled to be uninhabitable.
- The cause of the fire continues to be investigated
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until Oct. 11.