High yesterday was 71° The low this morning was 64°
.66 inches of rain at Lampasas Airport on Monday. Some gauges in Lampasas Co. registered up to 3 inches.
- Today: Isolated sprinkles before noon, then cloudy and up to 76° with N-NE wind 5-10 mph.
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy and down to 60° with N-NE wind as much as 5 mph and then calming.
- Wednesday: Sunny, a high near 85° and a 5 mph W-NW wind.
- Rest of the Week: Mostly sunny most days into and through the upcoming weekend.
- Lampasas Police had several different animal complaints and service calls, but no accidents to service.
- There was one arrest at 11:38pm. A 33 yr old Marble Falls woman was arrested in the 800 block of E. 4th St. in Lampasas. The woman had 9 Lampasas PD warrants outstanding. 5 of them were traffic warrants and 3 were for theft of service. 1 warrant was for failing to report a change of address.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows a few medical calls, a report of harassment and an animal complaint in Lometa. Copperas Cove shows a few animal calls, a repossession, and a report of fraud. Kempner had a few traffic stops, a call for code enforcement, a report of lost or found property and a shots fired call. Out in the county there were several medical calls, a few animal complaints, and a report ofillegal dumping. There were also some reports of reckless driving, an abandoned vehicle and several traffic stops.
- There were no arrests reported.
- Copperas Cove Police report an armed robbery at the Arby's Restaurant at 205 Liberty Bell Lane in that city. It took place shortly before 11am on Saturday, 9/24/16 when a man entered the restaurant, grabbed a clerk with a weapon in hand, and demanded money. He left the restaurant with an undisclosed amount of cash and no one was injured. The suspect was said to be a black male about 5' 08", average build and wearing a mask and back pack. Anyone with information on the subject is asked to contact Copperas Cove Police or Crimestoppers at 254-547-1111. You may be paid up to $1,000 for clues if your information results in an arrest and prosecution. No one will ever ask your name.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas Co. is lifted until Oct. 11th