High yesterday was 82° The low this morning was 68° Rainfall at Lampasas Airport was .94" on Sunday. From midnight to 6:30am this morning it had rained .74".
10 miles west of Lampasas at El Ranch Notso Grande it rained 2 1/2" Saturday night and early Sunday morning, then Sunday night and early this morning another 2 1/2".
- Today: Rain off and on for much of the day. By 9am the chances drop to 40-50% and by late afternoon it drops to 20%. The temperature should top out about 65° this afternoon and winds will be generally northerly at 10-15 mph.
- Tonight: A 20% chance of rain until about midnight, then just cloudy and with a low of 60° and north wind 5-10 mph.
- Tuesday: The clouds hang around but not the rain chances. The high should be about 77° and north winds 5-10 mph.
- Rest of the Week: All chances of rain are gone Wednesday and through the weekend. Temps should be low to mid 80s afternoons and upper 50s to low 60s overnights.
- Lampasas Police Dept.. had a quiet Saturday with only a few animal complaints, no accidents and no motorist assists. Lampasas Police show 2 arrests for Saturday, as a 24 yr old Lampasas man was arrested for4 municipal warrants, and a 35 yr old Lampasas man was taken into custody in the 400 block ofS. Pecan on 8 municipal warrants including no insurance, no drivers license, and public intoxication.
- Sunday was quiet as well with a few motorist assists and animal complaints. There were no accidents or escorts and one arrest as a 26 yr old male from Lampasas was arrested in the 1300 block of CTE for 14 municipal warrants including failure to maintain financial responsibility, speeding, Defective headlamp, and failure to appear.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter for Saturday and Sunday shows a few traffic stops and a citizen assist in Lometa, some alarm calls in Kempner along with a fish & game call, a report of criminal mischief and a reckless driver. Copperas Cove had some reports of theft, a welfare check, a utility problem and a robbery. Out in the county were several traffic stops, some animal complaints, reports of suspicious activity, a civil matter and a report of excessive noise.
- The jail log shows 5 arrests for Saturday. Bobby Chaney, 29, ofKempner was taken into custody for aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury. A Seguin man was arrested on an out-of-county charge, and a 42 yr old Seguin woman was also taken into custody for a traffic offense. An El Paso man, 35 was arrested for a traffic offense as well, and a 25 yr old Lampasas man was arrested for Possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces and an out-of-county charge.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until Oct. 11th