High yesterday was 93° The low this morning was 76°
- Today: Partly Sunny with a high near 89°. A 30% chance of showers after 1pm. South wind 1-15 mph
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy and down to 72° overnight with a 30% chance of thunderstorms. Southeast wind 5-10 mph.
- Sunday: A 70% chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon, and a high around 84° with Southeast wind at 5-10 mph.
- Next Week: Rain chances continue through Monday night, and it feels more like fall with highs in the 70’s and lows in the 60’s.
- Lampasas Police worked a few animal complaints and escorts on Friday, and one motorist assist. There were 2 minor accidents reported on N. Key, one at 8:38 am at the intersection of N. Key &FM 580 E, the other in the 800 block of N. Key at 10:46 pm.
- Lampasas Police reported one arrest as a 25 yr old Bastrop man was arrested in the 1900 block of S. Key at 11:23pm for driving while intoxicated.
- The Sheriff's Dept. Blotter shows a very busy Friday. Lometa had several traffic stops and a report of suspicious activity. Kempner had several medical calls and traffic stops as well as reportedassaults, a warrant service and a few reports of shots fired. Copperas Cove showed numerous burglary calls, a disturbance a reckless driver and a report of lost or found property. Out in the county there were a few reports of suspicious activity, reckless driving, a few traffic stops and a crash.
- The jail log shows 2 arrests as a 43 yr old Melvin, TX woman was taken into custody for failure to appear, and a 18 yr old Lampasas man was arrested for possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces.