High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 76°
- Today: A 20% chance of rain this afternoon as some clouds come in to the area. The partly sunny day will bring a high temperature this afternoon of 92° with S-SE wind 5-15 mph.
- Tonight: A mostly cloudy evening with a low of 74 overnight and S-SE wind 10 mph.
- Saturday: A 30% chance of rain in the afternoon, partly sunny with a high of 90° and S-SE 5-15 mph.
- Rest of the week: Rain, at least in some amount, seems inevitable by at least Sunday, when the rain chances are up to 80%. That hangs around to Monday with a 60% chance and decreasing chances into the mid-week.
- Lampasas Police worked a handful of animal complaints and one minor accident on Thursday. The minor crash took place in the 1700 block of E. Central Texas Expressway at 5:55pm with no injuries.
- There was one arrest made at 5:45pm as a 46 year old Lampasas woman was picked up in the 700 block of S. Broad on a Jones Co. warrant for possession of methamphetamine.
- Lampasas Sheriff's Office blotter shows a few medical calls, a civil matter and a warrant service in Lometa. Kempner had a welfare check and an alarm call. Copperas Cove reported a traffic hazard, an animal complaint, and a few welfare checks. Out in the county, there was a report of an assault, a disturbance, and a medical call, as well as a report of lost or found property, theft, and a civil matter.
- The jail log shows 2 arrests as a 34 yr old lampasas manwas taken into custody for possession of a controlled substance less than 1 gram, and a 54 yr old Lometa man was arrested for failure to appear.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas is lifted until Sept. 26th.