The Daily Report

The Weather

High yesterday was 92° The low this morning was 68°

  • Today: Mostly sunny with a high near 92°. Light and variable wind becoming SE 5-10 mph in the morning.
  • Tonight: Partly cloudy with a low around 73° and S-SE winds at 10-15 mph. Friday: A 20% chance of rain, though mostly sunny skies for most of the day, along with a high near 91° and S-SE wind 10-15 mph..
  • Rest of the week: Rain, at least in some amount, seems inevitable by at least Sunday. It's a 40% chance Saturday and a 60% chance Sunday. That drops to 40% on Monday.

The Blotter

  • Lampasas Police had animal complaints and a couple of minor accidents on Wednesday. One crash took place at 8:02am at the intersection of Hackberry and E. Ave. F and another took place at 7:45pm in the 600 block of E. Central Texas Expressway. There was one arrest, as a 35 yr old Austin man was arrested in the 1300 block of S. Key Ave. for public intoxication at 10:51pm.
  • Lampasas Sheriff's blotter shows a busy Wednesday with a traffic hazard and a warrant service in Copperas Cove. Kempner showed numerous traffic stops, a few alarm calls and animal complaints and one animal bite. Kempner also had calls for suspicious activity, and abandoned vehicle and an unattended death. Out in the county there was a few reports of suspicious activity, a few medical calls, and a civil matter. The jail log shows 2 arrests as a 44 yr old Lampasas man was taken into custody for DWI 2nd or more, and a 24 yr old Killeen man was arrested for 2 out-of-county charges. Texas DPS and Temple Police report arresting a woman in Temple for what most of us consider a heinous crime, compelling a teen into prostitution. The release included these facts: "At approximately 11:30am on Tuesday, Criminal Investigations Division Special Agents and Temple police officers executed an arrest warrant and an evidentiary search warrant at an apartment complex on East Avenue K in Temple. This resulted in the arrest of Crystal Tei Sanders, 36, for the felony offense of compelling prostitution under age 18. In addition, Zebode Dominick Freeman, 25, was arrested on an unrelated arrest warrant for burglary of a habitation with intent to commit a felony. Both suspects were booked into the Bell County Jail.

The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until Sept. 26