High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 73°
- Today: Sunny and a high of about 96° with calm this morning and E-SE wind about 5 mph this afternoon.
- Tonight: Mostly clear skies with a low around 70° and E-SE wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday: Sunny and a high of 93° with a light and variable S-SE wind of 5-10 mph in the afternoon.
- Rest of the Week: A light rain chance on Friday, increasing on Saturday to 40% and Sunday to 50%.
- Lampasas Police worked one minor accident in the 600 block of E. Ave. G at 10:07am with no injuries reported. there were several animal complaints and five arrests.
- At 1:23am on Tuesday morning a 26 yr old Killeen woman was arrested in the 400 block of S. Key for possession of under 2 oz. of marijuana.
- At 2:07pm in the afternoon 33 yr old Steve Wayne Moreno of Lampasas was arrested in the 900 block of E. 4th on a Lampasas PD warrant for theft of property “over $100-less than $750.” We note that Moreno was the individual arrested last Friday for “walking the wrong way.”
- At 6:34pm a 49 yr old Copperas Cove man was arrested at 6 Hillcrest on 2 Lampasas PD traffic warrants.
- At 10:17pm a 26 yr old Bertram man was arrested in the 800 block of N. Key for failure to ID and for giving false information. In the same incident, the driver of the vehicle, a 26 yr old Florence man was arrested for driving with no insurance.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows that there was a citizen assist and a medical call in Lometa, and an animal complaint in Kempner. Copperas Cove shows a repossession, a missing person, an animal complaint and suspicious activity. Out in the county there were a few reckless driving reports, a few calls for traffic control and two crashes. There were also a number of disturbance calls.
- The jail log shows a 46 yr old Lampasas man was taken into custody on a probation violation.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until Sept. 26.