High yesterday was 97° The low this morning was 71°
- Today: Sunny with a high of 95° heat index up to 98° light winds becoming southeast in the afternoon
- Tonight: Mostly clear with a low of 73°. East southeast wind becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday: Sunny with a high near 95°. Calm winds becoming east southeast around 5mph in the afternoon.
- Rest of the Week: Highs in the low 90’s, lows in the low 70’s.
Rain chances increasing over the weekend.
- Lampasas Police Dept. shows 2 motorist assists, 3 animal complaints and 2 escorts on Monday. There were no accidents. There were 4 arrests: a 32 yr old woman from Copperas Cove was arrested for a municipal warrant for Driving while license invalid, a 39 yr old male was taken into custody for 5 municipal warrants. Jason Patterson, 42, was arrested for a Bell County warrant at 4:01pm. Brenda Salazar, 48, of Lampasas was taken into custody on a warrant for Hindering Apprehension or Prosecution of a known felon and a motion to revoke in the 1300 block of E. Ave I.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows a few traffic stops and an attempt to locate in Copperas Cove, a disturbance and a structure fire in Lometa. Kempner had numerous traffic stops and a few medical calls and a report of suspicious activity. Out in the county there were several traffic stops and medical calls as well as a few civil matters. There was also an animal complaint, a report of harassment, and a warrant service.
- The jail log shows one arrest as 23 yr old Adriana Rendon of Lometa was taken into custody for Assault causing bodily injury of a family member.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is off until September 26th.