High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 71°
- Today: A 40% chance of rain, partly sunny skies and a high near 87° for the day. NE wind will be light at 5mph.
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy with a low of 70° and a light E-NE wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday: A 20% chance of rain, partly sunny and a high near 89° with east wind 5-10 mph.
- Rest of the weekend: Sunday will see the sunshine out most of the day with a high of 91° and light S-SE wind 5-10 mph. Labor Day will see the clouds return and a 30% chance of rain. We hope it doesn't spoil your Labor Day
- Lampasas Police made one arrest and worked several animal complaints, escorts and motorist assists. 32 yr old Terry Lee Roberts of Lampasas was arrested in the 1100 block of E. 4th St. for assault causing bodily injury to a family member at 12:27am..
- Lampasas Sheriff's Office blotter shows numerous traffic stops and repossession in Kempner.
- Copperas Cove showed a traffic hazard, an abandoned vehicle and a livestock call. Out in the county, there was a number of traffic stops, a few crashes and a warrant service. The jail log shows 2 arrests as a 31 yr old Lampasas Man was arrested for 2 out of- county- charges. 25 yr old Mark Nicholas Edge, of Ft. Worth was taken into custody for non-payment of child support, 2 charges of violation of promise to appear, possession of drug paraphernalia, and a traffic offense.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas is lifted until Sept. 12.