High yesterday was 96° The low this morning 70°
- Today: Mostly sunny with a high near 96°. Heat index values to 101° . Isolated showers this afternoon.
- Tonight: Mostly clear with a low around 73°, light winds
- Tuesday: Sunny with a high of95°, light winds
- Rest of the Week: Very warm with highs in the 90’s, lows in the low 70’s and light winds.
- Lampasas Police Dept.. on Saturday had 2 animal complaints, 2 escorts and2 arrests. David Dillard, 47 of Lampasas was arrested for assault of a family/household member with previous conviction and a Dallas County warrant for a bond forfeiture on an assault causing bodily injury/family violence charge. A 21 yr old male from Pearland, TX was arrested for possession of marijuana less than 2oz. Sunday was a very quiet day for the Lampasas Police as there were only 16 calls with none of the usual animal complaints, assists or escorts. There were no accidents reported Sunday. One arrest was reported as a 51 yr old Kingsland woman was taken into custody for DWI.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. Saturday blotter shows an abandoned vehicle, a civil matter and a few crashes in Copperas Cove, and a medical call and a report of suspicious activity in Lometa. Kempner had several medical calls, a civil matter, an animal complaint and a welfare check. Out in the county Saturday, there were 2 reports of reckless driving, a theft, a crash and a welfare check. Sunday’s Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows a warrant service, a citizen’s assist and a report of suspicious activity in Copperas Cove. Kempner on Sunday had an animal complaint, a report of a stolen vehicle and a missing person’s report. Out in the county there were a number of traffic stops, a narcotics call, a report of lost and found property. There was also a citizen complaint, a traffic hazard and a report of reckless driving.
- The jail log shows two arrests, Christopher Bagley, 27 of Kempner on a number of warrants, and a 25 yr old Lampasas man for possession of a controlled substance from 3-28 grams, unlawful carrying of a weapon and no drivers license.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until next Monday.