High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 69°
- Today: Partly sunny with a high near 91°. Heat index values as high as 97°. There is a 30% chance of showers after 1pm. Calm wind becoming E-SE at 5mph in the afternoon
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy with a low around 72°. The wind will be 5 mph becoming south after midnight.
- Friday: Mostly sunny and a high near 92°. Heat index values again around 97°.
- Rest of the week: rain chances increasing to 30% Friday afternoon and Saturday. Highs in the low 90’s, lows in the low 70’s.
- Lampasas Police had a quiet day Wednesday with 4 escorts, 7 animal complaints and 1 motorist assist. There were no accidents, and 1 arrest as Sabrina Lindsey, 31, of Lampasas was taken into custody on a charge of Prohibited Weapons.
- Lampasas Sheriff's blotter shows a traffic stop in Lometa, and an alarm in Copperas Cove. Kempner had an agency assist as well as a report of criminal mischief. There were also a few animal complaints, a few reports of theft, suspicious activity and a medical call in Kempner. Out in the county there was a report of a traffic hazard, an animal complaint, and a few transports.
- The jail log shows 3 arrests as a 30 yr old woman from Copperas Cove was taken into custody on a probation violation charge. Lindsay Perez, 28 yrs of age from Round Rock was arrested for Burglary of a Building, and a 36 yr old Austin woman was arrested for failure to appear
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until Sept. 26