High yesterday was 91° The low this morning was 71 °
- Today: Partly sunny with a high of89°, a 40% chance of thunderstorms mainly after 1pm. Light winds from the East increasing to 5-10 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight: Mostly cloudy with a low of 71°, a 20% chance of thunderstorms. East winds becoming calm in the evening.
- Thursday: Partly sunny with a high of 91° , 20% chance of thunderstorms. Calm wind becoming East-Southeast around 5mph.
- Rest of the Week: Partly sunny with highs in the low 90’s, lows in the low 70’s, with rain chances increasing. South-southeast winds around 5 mph.
- Lampasas Police blotter shows 7 animal complaints, 2 escorts and a motorist assist. There was 1 accident reported and 1 arrest as a 26 yr old woman from Burnet was arrested in the 1400 block of Hwy 281 S. for possession of marijuana under 2 ounces, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Lampasas Sheriff’s Dept. blotter shows a few traffic stops and a 911 contact report in Lometa. Copperas Cove had a civil matter, a medical call and a traffic stop. Kempner had several traffic stops, a report of suspicious activity and a shots fired call. Out in the county, there were a few harassment calls, some animal complaints and a medical call.
- The jail log shows a 40 yr old Bastrop man was taken into custody for driving with a suspended license with previous convictions, and a 55yr old Georgetown man was arrested on a commitment charge.
The Burn Ban in Lampasas County is lifted until Sept. 26.